Talk

Advanced search

Asda pharmacy

(20 Posts)
Ludoole Fri 03-Feb-17 15:25:41

Just sent my 17 year old son to asda to pick me up a canesten oral pill from the pharmacy and he was told they could only sell it to women!! WTAF???
They said something about regulations confusedhmm

BrowsOnFleek Fri 03-Feb-17 15:29:39

Sounds weird but what's even weirder is sending your poor son for thrush medication! Bet he was mortified. Did he even ask 😂 Maybe was embarrassed..

BrowsOnFleek Fri 03-Feb-17 15:31:00

Actually it's definitely bullshit as men get thrush too? confused

Ludoole Fri 03-Feb-17 15:31:18

Hes not the type to get embarrassed. Im looking after a friends ill child so son offered to go.

Ludoole Fri 03-Feb-17 15:45:21

Hes just gone back to clarify and they are now saying they have to speak to the patient which is a load of shit as ive bought it for other people before hmm
Oh well...

SomethingBorrowed Fri 03-Feb-17 15:50:09

Same as when you call the bank with your DH's credentials and they refuse to talk to you because you have the voice of a woman (even though they would accept to talk to the mailman as long as you give him all the credentials)

helpimitchy Fri 03-Feb-17 15:57:47

Send your son back and tell him to tell them that he identifies as a woman, so they have to sell it to him or he'll have them for transphobia grin

Ludoole Fri 03-Feb-17 16:00:06

grin helpimitchy

Bourdic Fri 03-Feb-17 16:01:18

I'm wondering what its street value is....confused

BrowsOnFleek Fri 03-Feb-17 16:06:05

Ok fair enough if he offered!
Asda are talking out their arse then if their second reason is different to the first.

delusionsofadequacy Fri 03-Feb-17 16:14:35

Its not licenced without prescription for me so that will be why. Sometimes they will let you ask over the phone if he asks?
There are a suprising number of restrictions on non prescription meds

TheCustomaryMethod Fri 03-Feb-17 16:20:26

My DH was able to buy the pessary version for me in Tesco pharmacy last year.

snoodles Fri 03-Feb-17 16:49:59

My husband also bought the Asda version of the oral tablet for me no problems last year. Ridiculous they won't sell it to your son!

SerialReJoiner Fri 03-Feb-17 17:16:11

Why is everyone typing asda with a clickable link?

AndNowItsSeven Fri 03-Feb-17 17:17:13

It's just you Seriel .

SerialReJoiner Fri 03-Feb-17 17:33:00

ok. It's gone now. Odd.

TarragonChicken Sat 04-Feb-17 02:55:13

I suspect they might be right. I'm not 100% without looking into it, but I suspect it's pharmacy only, so only sold 'under the supervision of a pharmacist' and it would definitely be best practice, if not mandatory, to speak to the patient. I can only buy my antihistamines when the pharmacist is in the pharmacy, so sometimes have to wait for them to finish lunch!

I fondly refer to pharmacists as the most pedantic people I know, but I'm also aware there's a good reason for this. They have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders.

BillSykesDog Sat 04-Feb-17 03:11:05

Serial, sounds like you have malware. Run a scan:

SerialReJoiner Sat 04-Feb-17 06:33:26

Thanks, I will.

UnbornMortificado Sun 05-Feb-17 03:15:44

They can't sell them to men by law (or at least that's what I got told). DH got it over a bank holiday. Chemist said to go to urgent care hmm

I went to the pharmacy down the road and got it for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now