Talk

Advanced search

to think if you are going to use the voice recording feature on wats app you might as well just call me?

(4 Posts)
Troydonmama Fri 03-Feb-17 15:06:37

DH had a friend who did it, then DH started doing it, and friends of mine have started doing it. So I send a wats app (in text) to someone and I'm usually quite pressed for time with young DC, I see they're online, then their status says "recording audio" and I wait and I wait and I wait... then finally the recording comes, which I then have to wait to buffer properly because it cuts off halfway through, then I have to make sure my ear is right next to the phone because you stand no chance of hearing what they're saying if you are anywhere vaguely noisy and can't shove your headphones in.

And DH sometimes has whole conversations like this with his friends. Just exchanging recordings. I find it infuriating, it's such a waste of time and is an extra effort for the receiver to listen to it and then respond.

LapinR0se Fri 03-Feb-17 15:07:16

Totally agree. I hate it

OhhBetty Fri 03-Feb-17 16:00:10

The only times the voice recording feature has been used and sent to me was for comedic value!

OhhBetty Fri 03-Feb-17 16:01:03

I think it's also useful for people who for any reason find it difficult to type but don't want a phone conversation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now