Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at Roxy?

(6 Posts)
ThomasRichard Fri 03-Feb-17 12:51:17

I bought a few bits in their sale online. I want to return one item, but the only way to do this is to ship it to Belgium, at my own expense. I phoned to ask if I could return it to the nearby shop but they don't do in-store returns for items bought online. It's not a small item (coat) so I might as well keep it rather than being ££ out of pocket.

Yes, I should have read the returns policy before buying but as it's a U.K. website and there's a shop nearby it just didn't occur to me that returns would be international postage only.

AIBU to be annoyed and not shop with them online again?

SansComic Fri 03-Feb-17 13:42:00

I think you're a little unreasonable. Buy online and assume you have extra hassle returning it.

I assume you're returning as your bought the wrong size or don't like it. If the product is faulty then you shouldn't be out of pocket returning it.

Out of interest, how much does the postage cost. It may surprisingly cheap with a courier as opposed to the Royal Mail.

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 03-Feb-17 13:54:33

Would it be more cost-effective to eBay the coat?

ThomasRichard Fri 03-Feb-17 15:04:14

I wouldn't mind paying return postage if it was to the UK, but Belgium feels a bit silly, especially as there's a local shop confused

There's nothing wrong with the coat other than that it's made of material that rustles. I looked at couriers but Royal Mail is the cheapest option at £14.95. The coat was only £40! I could eBay it, good suggestion.

mambono5 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:14:04

I think you are BU not to check the return policy before buying online. I understand how annoying it is, but I only buy from shops with convenient returns. I would have bought the coat from a UK online shop, ROXY is such a common brand you should be able to find it in several places.

The ones that annoy me are New Look. It is not written anywhere, but they don't accept return in store within 24h of picking them up (in store). They should advise people about their T&C!

FrizzBombDelight Fri 03-Feb-17 16:07:31

If you return within the 14day cooling off period they have to refund standard return postage. It says so on citizens advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now