Talk

Advanced search

I DONT want the iOS update

(6 Posts)
SingingInTheRainstorm Fri 03-Feb-17 12:02:32

If I had a £ for everytime I've deleted the update that Apple has decided to download for 1.2GB, leaving everything on a go slow.
Does anyone know if I concede and just update if I'll lose the 1.2GB it's reserved for the update?
Ok I should have got more storage, maybe my phone needs a bit of a clean up to release some GB. But on the other hand unless I say yes please, I'd like this update, they should leave customers alone and stop making decisions for them. I only deleted it last night, typing was slow again, so checked and only had 50MB left.
Being a music junkie 8GB is music and not all the music. I know I had 2 purchased copies of a song, now I have none. So they seem to be messing around with libraries too which is annoying as a loyal Apple customer.
Is it just me or does anyone else find it annoying?

OnionKnight Fri 03-Feb-17 12:07:48

Why don't you want the update? You'll get the space back.

I personally find Window 10 updates more annoying because I can't schedule them and often the updates will be installed when I'm in the middle of doing something.

SingingInTheRainstorm Fri 03-Feb-17 13:59:38

Every time there's an update something seems to go wrong. But I guess it's the only answer really.

CharlieDimmocksbosoms Fri 03-Feb-17 14:03:03

Are you clearing old screens regularly? I know that slows an iPhone down and drains the batteries. A friend told me how to do it or I wouldn't have known.

Mrsglitterfairy Fri 03-Feb-17 14:23:30

You need to do the updates to ensure your phone runs correctly. Otherwise it can cause more issues such as bugs getting in, running slowly, battery issues. How long have you had the phone for?

helpimitchy Fri 03-Feb-17 14:24:41

Switch the device off, leave for a few minutes then switch back on again.

Make sure Bluetooth is off.

Clear your history and cookies.

Close all your windows/apps.

The update only uses the memory whilst it downloads, not on a permanent basis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now