Talk

Advanced search

Dear DCNet

(49 Posts)
MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 10:03:07

Aibu to think that when the time comes, Mr Tumble shod be made king cos he's so awesome? (although I doubt the veracity of Lord Tumbles title)

My 'D'M left mecflr 2 minutes to get me clothes when I just wanted to bounce on her leg. Aibu to think this is child cruelty and I pit to get first dibs on her lap forever?

My aunt has had a new baby, which impacts on how much attention I get when I visit once a week. Aibu to think they light to send him back once a week when I I visit?

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 10:03:41

Anyone else's DC got any pressing issues to discuss?

enfru Fri 03-Feb-17 10:14:33

Aibu to demand biscuits for my breakfast? My 'D'M just smiled and said "no chance"
I think that given I'm 2 years old I know what I want and when and should be allowed to have it.

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 10:24:26

Yanbu enfru. You're not a baby, you're practically old enough to open your own packet of biscuits. She can't treat you like a baby forever!!

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Fri 03-Feb-17 11:04:58

Neither of you ABU at all! Though I would caution against asking permission for things. It's a slippery slope. Cracking on with whatever you feel like then looking adorable when caught is much more effective (I speak with the full wisdom of two years and six and a half months.)

I found my own packet of open biscuits for breakfast (they're actually cheesey oatcakes but I refer to them as 'biscuits' so poor DM understands) and ate them all before she'd brought my actual breakfast back from the kitchen. Then I gobbled that breakfast before she realised grin.

Anyway, AIBU to think that it doesn't matter that we're 'moving' in two days (whatever that means.... personally I move quite a lot already) and DM should stop messing about putting all our things (including my FAVOURITE toys that I haven't played with for months but are still absolutely my FAVOURITES) in inaccessible boxes and come and sit down so I can jump on her, and also be sure she's paying full attention to the interesting developments in this episode of Team Umizoomi?

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 11:11:13

Wow your DM is the one being VU! Why would she pack your FAVOURITE toys away she she knows you've been waiting months to play with them so it's like new again?? Frankly is she wants to move, she should take you to the duck pond or chase you round the house blowing raspberries on you or such like, not just fill boxes shell just want to empty again!

That's for the wisdom re asking, I'm only 20 months and these parents dont cone with instruction manuals!

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 11:11:55

Ymbu about Umizoomi tho, what is it? It is as good as Mr Tumble?

ManaFleet Fri 03-Feb-17 11:18:59

Re: biscuits - I'm not sure you've understood the full potential. Last night I tipped DMs Hobnobs all over the sofa so that I could chew on the crinkly packet and dribble on the biscuits - it was brilliant, I was enthralled for about 20 mins. Being 7mths old, I don't have a long attention span usually but this was a whole new game.

AIBU to expect to chew scissors? They're shiny and out of my reach, it's making me demented. Luckily I have a banana to smear in DM's hair as protest.

Also, AIBU to stand up in my cot unexpectedly having never done it before and given DM quite the happy surprise by grabbing her handcream from the bedside table? I like to keep her on her toes.

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Fri 03-Feb-17 11:19:23

Vastly superior to Mr. Tumble (or anything else on TV - it's currently the only thing I will watch). It's on Netflix and involves small animated creatures that go on adventures and solve maths puzzles and speak in squeaky American voices. It's taught me that DM is wrong about many things - for instance, the thing she insists on calling a fishing rod is actually a fishing POLE, and my so-called 'football' is really a soccer ball. Poor DM...

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Fri 03-Feb-17 11:23:11

Mana I'd forgotten about chewing on packets and dribbling! When the baby DM has apparently eaten eventually comes back out of her tummy, as I'm assured it will, I'll be sure to get them on that.

And on everything else YANBU! Your mum obviously put the hand cream there to encourage you to stand up and grab it!

Theyhaveallbeenused2 Fri 03-Feb-17 11:25:31

Was I being unreasonable to throw handfuls of rice on.the floor? DM was absolutely being unreasonable getting that hoover thing out I hate that thing!. I definitely wasn't unreasonable to try chase the bin lorry on the road if only DM didn't insist in holding my hand I would have been able to help the men.

alteredimages Fri 03-Feb-17 11:26:09

AIBU to think that meals don't count as such unless they include chocolate, and that as a result I am perfectly within my rights to complain at school that DM doesnt feed me properly?

SomethingBorrowed Fri 03-Feb-17 11:31:07

I called DM around 2am last night and asked for a sticker. She said no!
AIBU to repeat every night until she caves?

enfru Fri 03-Feb-17 11:31:58

See I think YABU re Umizoomi- I don't like it at all and can understand why your DM might not be giving it her full attention.
You should watch Peppa Pig instead it's very funny.

Where else is rice supposed to go if not on the floor? Your DM should not have gotten the noise maker out.

Hand cream, perfume, make up etc are all great fun so I don't know why they are always kept out of reach.
Scissors are not so fun for chewing but are very useful when you need a new hairstyle.
My brother gave himself a new fringe at school, DM wasn't happy but I thought it looked good and will certainly be trying it myself at the earliest opportunity

SomethingBorrowed Fri 03-Feb-17 11:32:40

Oh and also, when my parents say goodnight AIBU to ask for DDad to leave the room so it is just me and DM?
And WIBU to have also asked that he leaves the house altogether? DM laughed hmm not sure she kicked him out

Teatowelfairy Fri 03-Feb-17 11:35:12

I'm with you enfru biscuits for breakfast sound yummy although I prefer asking for crisp, chocolate coins, birthday cake, ice cream.... I'm quite flexible now that I think about it. DM though is pretty useless she never seems to have any birthday cake in unless it is a birthday but I'm open to having a birthday every day if that'll make a difference.

DM is VU she always gives the older dc pretty much everything I want and never lets me bite them when they try to placate me with something that's allegedly more suitable for a 2yr old. She never lets the baby give me a donkey ride during tummy time no matter how many times I try to sit on him. And she insists I put yoghurt in my mouth rather than paint my face with it.

DJBaggySmalls Fri 03-Feb-17 11:35:44

AIBU to expect jelly in the fridge?

enfru Fri 03-Feb-17 11:36:40

SomethingBorrowed I think YABU to have not asked for a sticker every single hour- your DM will relent much more quickly than if you just do it nightly.
As for your dad leaving the house, I think that's very reasonable. You need the right environment and ambience to sleep and if he is interfering in that then he shouldn't be in the house.

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 11:38:01

Was I being unreasonable to throw handfuls of rice on.the floor? DM was absolutely being unreasonable getting that hoover thing out I hate that thing! how much does DM pay pit for sensory classes?? Ypi make your own and she sets the monster on it! Can you trade her in?

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 11:40:51

Hhmm I like DD so not sure on that one. He's the only person who cares for me when DM abandons me to prepare food I refuse to eat. DD never makes good so I think he's more reasonable!

Agree demand stickers hourly

Tell your momma to stop eating babies, they'll make her fat!

MommaGee Fri 03-Feb-17 11:41:53

Altered also tell DGP'S and DA and DU.They're very susceptible to peer pressure

SomethingBorrowed Fri 03-Feb-17 11:51:10

Tell your momma to stop eating babies, they'll make her fat!
grin

Funnyfarmer Fri 03-Feb-17 12:05:26

OMG you think you have problems? Wait until you get to my age. My dp's insist on ruining my life at every chance they get! Not only so they not let me go to cool partys or chat to fit guys I meet on line. But they have to look utterly ridiculous at parents evening! I don't even know how o made it to yr 11 with being absolutely socially out casted! Yr 7 my Dm came to parents evening in her work clothes 🙈 she worked in a kitchen at the time and stunk of fried food and garlic! Was so embarrassing. Since then they have turned up looking like road men just dragged of some council estate so the next year my Dm promised she would promise to make an effort for parents evening. Well her "effort" left the whole school referin to her as a "MILF" she claims that wasn't her intention and she was embarrassed! "She was embarrassed!" So this year my last parents evening I wasn't taking any chances I specifically told her what to wear but once again she had to embarrass me my turning up in top from tesco! Apparently the top I picked out didn't "look quite right " she 33 years old how the he'll does she know what "looks right"? Then she has to embarrass me even more by talking to my teachers! Sure she things that parents even is just a chance to spy on what I'm doing at school and gossip about me when in fact it's about the teachers and my social peers and their parents to pass judgment on her!
Anyway Aibu unreasonable that I haven't spoken to her since last night I just stormed of to my room but I need a lift tonight. So how do I break the ice with having to apologise?

Teatowelfairy Fri 03-Feb-17 14:00:16

AIBU to splash in the toilet then cram as much stuff as I can in there? DM thinks I should splash in the bath and not the toilet but I'm scared of the invisible spiders that lurk there. And the shower is out of the question after I did a number 2 in it, I'm sure dm hasn't cleaned it out since then, I think she's magicked it invisible like the spiders!

Willow2016 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:30:16

Ha you tinies have it easy, wrapping your dm and dd round your fingers...enjoy it it doesnt last. Befoe you know it they will be ruining your life on a daily basis just for the fun of it.

I have lost control of my DM and its really NOT FAIR!
Last night I was playing on the Xbox with my friend online and I had only been playing for about an hour and half when my DM decided that I had to get off soon as 'her' tv programme was coming on. I mean, what tv prog is so important that it takes precidence over my friend and I bonding over some awesome war game? I had already had to get of once to get my tea, what more does she want? But no she harped on and on about getting a shower and threatened to just turn over the tv so I had to get off. I was mortified, I mean I dont really need to go for a shower when she says so do I? When I tried to 'argue' my case she told me to go to bed! I mean really??
I am 14 why should I be bossed around? LIfe is so unfair. And when I stayed awake half the night on my phone she didnt believe that I felt ill this am she just laughed and said I should have went to sleep then shouldnt I? I mean arent mums supposed to be sympathetic when you are not feeling well (aka dont want to get up)? Isnt that child abuse? She has said she is taking my phone off me at night now, just one more thing to specificaly annoy me. I have rights you know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now