Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask your ideas for a logo for my blog?

(6 Posts)
PamplemousseRouge Fri 03-Feb-17 07:00:05

Hi everyone smile

I write a blog called French Affliction, where I focus on writing about France and French-speaking countries.

I asked about it on here a couple of weeks ago, and really appreciated your feedback and ideas on it - thank you so much!

I wasn't sure whether to comment on the old thread or to start a new thread, as this is a separate topic.

I've been thinking for a while now about redesigning my site and what kind of logo to use for the blog - I was just wondering if any of you might have any ideas please?

I'm really not arty at all, so AIBU to ask if any of you have any thoughts on what kind of logo I could use? I'd be hugely grateful! smile

(As an aside, its possibly a bit unfortunate that the initials of French Affliction are 'FA' grin!) do you think it might be best to have the full title in the logo, with this in mind?

The blog's website address is frenchaffliction.com/

Thanks so much again! smile

Skooba Fri 03-Feb-17 07:17:28

The only thing I would definitely recognise as Paris would be the Eiffel Tower.
Or else a bottle of wine beside a french bread stick.
But it's not somewhere I visit regularly (being in the north of the UK).

PamplemousseRouge Fri 03-Feb-17 07:33:25

Thanks Skooba! smile I really appreciate it smile if anyone else has also got any ideas, it would be great to hear from you!

auntyhiro Fri 03-Feb-17 08:26:30

Hello,

I would suggest a thick blue chunky font, blue F, Red A with the negative space in the silhouette of the awful tower.

use fiverr.com for cheapness smile Good luck

PamplemousseRouge Fri 03-Feb-17 10:00:48

Ooh thanks auntyhiro! Great idea about fiverr.com, they're new to me so it's great to have them recommended! Anyone else with any tips? smile

PamplemousseRouge Mon 06-Feb-17 07:28:06

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all of your help! smile I really appreciate it. Just wanted to pop back to let you know that I've chosen a little Eiffel Tower logo design for the blog smile Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now