Talk

Advanced search

to think he's not coming back is he (online dating)

(12 Posts)
smarties1991 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:10:45

Went on a date with a guy I met online. I actually didn't fancy him initially but as the evening went on we had a really interesting conversation and he was making very good eye contact and showed positive body language. Then he put his coat on and I asked him if he needed to go to whcih he repied he had had a long day so was going to get an early night. Then he gave me a hug, kiss on the cheek and said he will 'see me' then he left in a hurry!

It's the first time I've been on a first date where the guy hasn't wanted to see me again. Is this normal? And He's definitely not going to be asking me on a second date is he? lol

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 23:14:47

No. He's not.

<disclaimer- I have a tendency to have no idea when someone is actually interested and I'd be denying there was anything til I was performing the early morning walk of shame > blush

smarties1991 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:16:13

Hahaha. This is the first time I've been on a first date and the guy hasn't wanted to see me again. And he was probably the least good looking guy I've been on a date with!

An interested guy will set up a date before the first one is finished. That's usually my rule.

Screwinthetuna Thu 02-Feb-17 23:17:13

Sorry op, doesn't sound like he's coming back and just wanted to be polite. Plenty more, move on flowers

WorraLiberty Thu 02-Feb-17 23:21:57

I've never done online dating but from what people tell me, it's kind of normal when you don't want a second date.

Although he does sound a bit rude, to just put his coat on without first saying that he's calling it a night.

A few of my friends have said that after they'd been online dating a while, they did kind of get more abrupt in ending dates, as they got more experienced at it, if that makes sense?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 23:22:15

Ha

Well it's something to tell the grandkids.... you clearly scared him off... ( I do that quite a lot with people it never fails to be funny blush )

Now get back in there and find another one..... I love hilarious first date stories smilewine

Meatbadger Thu 02-Feb-17 23:31:05

Maybe you had a bogey?

smarties1991 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:33:21

I was dead tired, think I went on about my work too much!!

BlondeBecky1983 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:51:48

Onwards and upwards! You can't win 'em all!

Singasongofsadness Fri 03-Feb-17 00:54:02

OD is mental OP, keep on keeping on

KC225 Fri 03-Feb-17 05:49:57

I am going to go against the grain here and say 'if he just wasn't into you' at least he didn't string you along and and say 'I'll call you' when he had no intentions of doing so. They are the worst. His date ending may have lacked a little polish but you picked up on the clues and are self aware enough to admit that you were tired and may have talked about work too much.

Good luck OP.

Reow Fri 03-Feb-17 06:56:21

Maybe he had the shits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now