Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of the sodding tummy bug at this stage?

(8 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Thu 02-Feb-17 16:12:57

2 yo dd caught a tummy bug just after xmas. Tbh it wasn't that bad, only 1 episode of vomiting and 2-3 days off colour with bad nappies. All well and good. Except the same bastarding low level bug seems to be going round our house in circles since. Dd will complain of a tummy pain and have a bad nappy (not diahhrea, just loose) every few days (with normal nappies in between), then dh or I will have a queasy stomach for a day, then back to dd or ds.

Our hygiene is good and I have tried being super careful with nappy changing and toileting and disinfecting everything, including toys, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I remember something similar last year when ds caught a bug and ended up with bad nappies on and off for 6 weeks. Argh!

Tell me how to kill the fucker once and for all mumsnet!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 03-Feb-17 11:31:33

Poor you, these things can just go round in circles, was going to suggest cleaning toys so how about extra attention to doors handles and light switches.

SomethingBorrowed Fri 03-Feb-17 15:02:55

Are you also washing their cuddly toys they keep in bed? Just asking because I know it is a pain to wash them especially if it means the DC having to nap with the toy while it is in the wash...

HughLauriesStubble Fri 03-Feb-17 15:16:50

Ooh d'you know I've been washing dds comforter but she has a bear in her cot that she doesn't pay much attention to, it might be worth giving him a wash just in case.

Troydonmama Fri 03-Feb-17 15:18:24

where did she catch it from? Have you bought some actual anti-viral sanitiser? Because anti bacterial won't do anything...

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 03-Feb-17 15:21:26

you can become temporarily lactoss intolerant after tummy bugs, try restricting dairy and see if that helps. Also go to Holland and Barrett and get some good probiotcs for everyone.

HughLauriesStubble Fri 03-Feb-17 15:24:55

Not sure where she caught it from tbh, she doesn't go to nursery and we hadn't been to playgroups or anything like that. I've been using disinfectant cleaner and then dettol spray on the surfaces and dettol spray on its own for the toys.

Mermaidbutmytailfelloff Fri 03-Feb-17 15:25:48

new toothbrushes too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now