Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed or worried that.....

(23 Posts)
Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 15:13:42

I haven't heard from my husband since 730 last night? He's away with work, due back tonight and would usually text first thing in the morning and check in a couple of times during the day. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and we have 5 children. Things have been rubbish between us for a while but it would still not be like him at all to not make any contact whatsoever while at work, never mind while away. I do tend to jump to the worst possible conclusion and assume something terrible has happened so I don't know if I'm more worried or annoyed at this stage. Because I could well be working myself up over nothing and it's possible that he just hasn't given me a second thought all day I don't want to be texting or ringing him.....should I though?

early30smum Thu 02-Feb-17 15:15:02

Have you texted him at all? I would send a quick text I think.

FooFighter99 Thu 02-Feb-17 15:16:09

YADNBU - I think at 37 weeks pregnant and looking after 5 DC's, if you need reassurance then you are more than entitled to it!

Give him a ring and tell him how worried you are!

Ilovecaindingle Thu 02-Feb-17 15:21:10

Betting he didn't take his phone charger. . .

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 15:27:02

He definitely took the charger, it's usually plugged in in the kitchen and it's not there now!

Snowflakes1122 Thu 02-Feb-17 15:42:07

Yanbu. Give him a call!

It could be something simple like his texts have failed to send to you.

AmeliaJack Thu 02-Feb-17 15:47:57

My DH travels a lot for work and usually gives me a "wake up call" each morning.

I don't usually expect one on his last day anywhere because he's generally rushing around packing, trying to find his shoes, emptying the safe etc in that morning.

Don't panic he was probably just busy! Text him and say you are looking forward to seeing him tonight.

Gottagetmoving Thu 02-Feb-17 15:48:24

Call him. He may have problem getting a signal,..his charger may have broken or lost.
I am sure if anything awful had happened you would have heard.

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 15:52:07

Thanks everyone. We're not communicating much at the moment which is why I haven't texted or called up to now but he's still been texting once or twice through the day on abnormal work day so it's odd he hasn't today. I'll try him there now.

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 15:52:50

Should say on a normal work day not abnormal !

Bestthingever Thu 02-Feb-17 15:54:32

Why didn't you just call him instead of starting a thread confused

AmeliaJack Thu 02-Feb-17 16:09:17

Because she's 37 weeks pregnant, a wee bit emotional and just wanted some reassurance Best.

Do try to find some emphathy.

Bestthingever Thu 02-Feb-17 16:12:19

No seriously I don't understand why you wouldn't just call. My dh travels a lot. If I don't hear from him by lunchtime (his time), I call. If you're worried, you call, not ask strangers.

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 16:12:21

I've explained that in my posts Best hmm

Bestthingever Thu 02-Feb-17 16:14:56

Because you're not communicating much? Why should that stop you calling him if you're actually worried?

punkpuffin Thu 02-Feb-17 16:17:18

I hope everything's ok. I would give him a quick call just to put your mind at rest.

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 16:18:38

I explained that too Best, I have a habit of over-reacting and worrying when there nothing to worry about so I needed some outside perspective.

Bestthingever Thu 02-Feb-17 16:22:38

I tend to over worry when dh is away. For example if he says he's going out for a drink and I don't hear from him the next morning, I convince myself he's been mugged and is lying in an alley somewhere! He thinks I'm mad. Just call him.

Bestthingever Thu 02-Feb-17 16:24:32

Also he is out of order by not being in touch especially in your situation but perhaps work has kept him busy. Tbh I can't believe he's left you so close to your due date, if you don't mind me saying.

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 16:33:10

I agree with you, and he didn't give it a second thought. He's been very detached, I was going to say recently but that wouldn't be true as it's been a growing problem for quite a while now and something I have raised on several occasions but thats made no difference. He'd usually be good about "duty" texts to check in regardless though.

I don't want to be worried because I'm pretty fed up with him anyway but his own form hasn't been brilliant either so I'm worried anyway, lots of horrible possibilities running through my mind! For some reason though even though I've decided I should call him I can't make myself actually do it.

Bestthingever Thu 02-Feb-17 16:35:11

I've been through some bad patches with dh where I've felt like you about contacting. However you are worried and you are doing it for your own peace of mind, not for him.

Cosmicbird Thu 02-Feb-17 16:43:10

Very true, thank you. Just called him and he didn't pick up but texted back so absolutely no reason why he hasn't been in touch all day. Now I'm back to being annoyed which is better than worrying I suppose!
Thanks to everyone who responded.

downwardfacingdog Thu 02-Feb-17 18:14:27

DH works away a fair bit but we don't check in with each other throughout the day, I'd find that a bit annoying tbh. I assume no news is good news and he rings for a chat in the evening. Glad you've heard from him and you can stop worrying though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now