Talk

Advanced search

to feel HOMICIDAL WITH RAGE when people.......

(13 Posts)
Greensleeves Mon 26-Feb-07 17:35:34

....on ebay put "wow" in the item title? As in "WOW L@@K 3-4 boys' vests BNIP" or "wow bob builder wellies"?

It's the Uriah Heap-ness of it. It makes me feel as though I am being jabbed in the ribs by some nauseating obsequious hand-rubbing leering overfamiliar grubby-fingered unsavoury little shopkeeper.

I feel much better now.

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 26-Feb-07 17:38:09

Very much so.

But, its an admirable trait

Greensleeves Mon 26-Feb-07 17:44:03

Thanks (I think)

isaidno Mon 26-Feb-07 17:45:06

not unreasonable at all

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 26-Feb-07 17:45:08

Greeny - you know I love you

danceswithnewboots Mon 26-Feb-07 17:45:13

no and most eloquently put

Greensleeves Mon 26-Feb-07 18:00:25

I blame the rash of bloody manuals full of mean little tricks for wringing more money out of the vulnerable and dim-witted by flogging tat on ebay. I bet they tell you to use words like "wow" and "l@@k". I also hate it when you click on something because it says "really cute little XXX, looks gorgeous on" or "Look at this beautiful XXX", and when you look at it it's as plain as fuck and not distinctive in any way at all. Wankshafting fucking sellers.

Boco Tue 27-Feb-07 22:46:21

Yes yes yes. And when an item has L@@K! in the title, but no little picture, and you dont' want to look because you're not even interested, but because it's telling you to look, a little nagging voice says 'just take a quick look, it might be really something - might be just what you're looking for!' - so you click on it, and its a manky asda piece of crap and you feel cheated and ashamed. Bastards.

UnquietDad Tue 27-Feb-07 22:55:41

At least you recognise a manky asda piece of crap when you see one, so you won't get shafted. Think how much worse it would be if you'd actually bought it!

madamez Wed 28-Feb-07 00:59:41

Not unreasonable in the least. Though Ebay, bless 'em, do discourage people from putting W@@@@WW!! in titles because (not in ther words) it really f**cks the potential buyer off. I've found that putting lots of useful keywords in an ebay title helps, though (still glowing smugly about having sold an elderly, though perfect, comic for a really stratling sum of money. Which makes up for all the stuff that doesn't sell till about 4th listing (at 45p a go) and then only goes for 95p....

I'll get me Ebaycoat and go...

wanderingstar Wed 28-Feb-07 10:29:28

I don't look at all when people put L@@K or W@W.

Enid Wed 28-Feb-07 10:31:02

lol boco

Greeves Wed 28-Feb-07 10:35:09

Oh I am glad someone has bumped this, I am feeling particularly bilious towards ebay this morning, having almost bought some "Oh wow bargain" little boys' vests and then seen from the enlarged picture that they are the quality and texture of single ply toilet paper.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: