Talk

Advanced search

Losing my mind!

(5 Posts)
Rollonbedtime7pm Thu 02-Feb-17 09:35:17

DD2 is 9 months and has been a pretty good sleeper since birth. See was pretty much sleeping through every night over Christmas.

Since NY, she has been bloody awful! Last night I got 3 hours sleep as she woke up at 10:30 and was awake til past 2am and then awake again at 6 angry We tried everything - milk, patting, holding, leaving her, she just kept crying when we left. Eventually she came in our bed but it took an hour of rolling about and kicking me in the back before she settled.

I am going insane. I got really mad and frustrated in the night as I couldn't see how we were ever going to get her asleep.

DH gets really stroppy when I get annoyed - he seems to expect this perfect robot who can just deal with all this crap and smile about it. I'm just a knackered human being!!

I realise it doesn't help to get wound up but honestly, does he think I do it for fun? Like he's never got annoyed in a situation where it's unhelpful to be angry?!

Or AIBU for not "cherishing every fucking shitty second"?!

NavyandWhite Thu 02-Feb-17 09:39:48

Of course yanbu. Sleep deprivation is the worst. Does your DH get up with her? It's a long time since mine were tiny and I can't remember what we did sorry but there are lots of threads about sleep training on MN ( it might have its own section ) that would be good to read. Sorry not much help but wanted to acknowledge your post. brewcake

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Thu 02-Feb-17 09:40:06

Sorry I can't help..

Except to observe that the word robot comes from the Czech for an indentured (slave) worker.

downwardfacingdog Thu 02-Feb-17 10:07:53

Yanbu flowers Can you take it in turns to deal with her. For a start, both of you turning up when she wakes might be a bit over-stimulating and also you can't get on each others nerves if you're not both there. You could let him go to bed with earplugs in the middle of the night, but he gets up with her in the morning and leaves you to sleep in.

Rollonbedtime7pm Thu 02-Feb-17 10:25:42

We do take turns - we had just reached the point of "well what the fuck now?"

Can't sleep in much if he takes her because got 2 others to get out to school/preschool.

Just need her to sleep!!! DD1 was a shocking sleeper until she was over 3 so I feel like I have done my time here! I deserved a good one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now