Talk

Advanced search

If you're leaving Fb just leave!! No one cares

(40 Posts)
RocketQueenP Wed 01-Feb-17 19:16:44

A person sil on my Fb has just posted to say she is "leaving Facebook" along with basically a long explanation as to why (everyone is just sooooo fake on there apparently) plus needily offering her mobile number to anyone who wants it "or add me on Instagram" (erm...)

She is 40

How attention seeking!!!

And we all know she'll be back 😴

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 01-Feb-17 19:24:21

If your sil is leaving fb just let her. Don't tell everyone on mumsnet she is !

grinwink

RocketQueenP Wed 01-Feb-17 19:25:18

Doubt she's on Mn

Netmums maybe

πŸ˜‚

anyname123 Wed 01-Feb-17 20:19:03

Have you seen the flouncers corner on here? Have a look hmm

m0therofdragons Wed 01-Feb-17 20:23:54

They always come back and all the huns announce "yay, you're back! Missed to babe."

I always think, just feck off then. I love FB and use it in a really positive way but so many don't. If someone annoys you just unfollow. Why all the drama?

RocketQueenP Wed 01-Feb-17 20:25:27

Ha ha yeah mother of dragons πŸ˜‚

There's a flouncers corners here?!! Omg I've gotta go look πŸ™ˆ

quarkinstockcubes Wed 01-Feb-17 20:54:27

I have one who keeps threatening to cull her friends list and gives warnings hmm

I love the ones who keep announcing they are going to leave but then announce that they won't as they got so many pm's to stay.

LineysRun Wed 01-Feb-17 20:59:03

Twitter I think is very different to Facebook.

Facebook is different I think to actual life.

FittonTower Wed 01-Feb-17 21:07:16

I often wonder about the heartache that seems to go into Facebook. Either be on it or don't be on it, if your freinds are such cockwombles Facebook is "too full if drama" or "too fake" or whatever I'm sure that will just continue in real life anyway.

Crowdblundering Wed 01-Feb-17 21:08:30

Delete her before she deactivates πŸ˜‚

TwatteryFlowers Wed 01-Feb-17 21:27:04

I saw the same sort of message yesterday saying that she will deactivate her account at 12pm today and that if anyone wants her personal number but doesn't have it they should pm her. I wondered why do it in such a formal way and with an actual deadline - what was she going to achieve? Not many people commented from what I could see, just two or three people telling her good luck and that they didn't blame her because it's all so full of shit. I just felt that it was more for attention than anything else and didn't say anything.

MrsBlennerhassett Wed 01-Feb-17 21:28:12

U ok hun?
PM me?

YANBU

RocketQueenP Wed 01-Feb-17 21:34:17

Hahahaa quark about the non existent pms to stay πŸ˜‚

RocketQueenP Wed 01-Feb-17 21:35:25

And Filton exactly if FB is "full of drama" etc etc then surely that's the reflection of your actual social circle considering most people do have their actual friends and family on there. Hahaha πŸ™ˆ

downwardfacingdog Wed 01-Feb-17 22:54:05

Ugh. Yanbu. I also have friends who announce they need to 'take a break' from FB because they need 'headspace' or whatever. Drama, drama...

Crowdblundering Wed 01-Feb-17 22:56:38

As bad as the "5% of people won't read this status repost this shite status to show you are as sad and gullible as me"

BastardBloodAndSand Wed 01-Feb-17 22:59:31

My sis does this.

Dramatically deactivates her account so I get people asking where she is and 'is she ok hun ?'

I just ignore them thesedays

dingdongthewitchisdead1 Wed 01-Feb-17 23:08:48

Yanbu
This is crazy behaviour.. attention seeking.

dalmatianmad Wed 01-Feb-17 23:14:17

I deactivated my FB for the first time a few weeks ago, didn't occur to me to "announce" it hmm

I've been really low in mood and it was making me feel worse seeing a couple of my friends constantly moaning and attention seeking with their stupid pointless posts....

I don't miss FB at all and realise how much time I actually spent on it blush

WorraLiberty Wed 01-Feb-17 23:14:35

YANBU

I often feel the same when Mumsnetters start leaving threads, especially in Chat or AIBU, rather than Flouncers' Corner which obviously doesn't give them the same amount of "Oh please don't go thanks " kind of replies.

Except MN seems to be the Hotel California for flouncers, who just seem to name change or come back as User183993000333888857777 and blend in.

One flouncer in AIBU the other week, actually name changed to start a flouncing thread?!?!

What the fuck is the point if no-one knows who they are? confused grin

loaferloveforyou Wed 01-Feb-17 23:17:44

Someone I'm 'friends' with 50 year old bloke I used to work with done this. Over the course of a few weeks it was a--l--l "if u miss me then I have left Facebook" "some people don't know how to take a joke so I'm leaving Facebook" etc etc.

It's been 2/3 weeks and I've noticed he's back.

The ones which get me are the "if you are still here you have survived my Facebook cull" like we are supposed to get on our knees and thank the Lord/Facebook status owner.

Crowdblundering Wed 01-Feb-17 23:21:32

I delete "cull" people - they fucking deserve it and I don't need that teenage shite in my life grin

Nameynamechangeforthis Wed 01-Feb-17 23:28:11

Someone on my fb 'will be leaving on Friday'.. wanker.hmm

2rebecca Wed 01-Feb-17 23:32:35

Some people just like making dramas out of nothing. I find it easy to stay on facebook because I have hardly any "friends" and those I have are people I like or people I know through my hobbies and sports and we talk about that stuff.
You don't have to leave facebook, just limit it to 10 minutes a day and delete any friends you don't actually like or hide their stuff or learn to ignore nonsense.

avamiah Wed 01-Feb-17 23:49:54

dalmatianmad,
I deactivate my FB regularly especially when one of my friends posts really annoys me and I don't want to get into a argument with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now