Talk

Advanced search

To find other drivers infuriating

(7 Posts)
PlayOnWurtz Wed 01-Feb-17 18:39:25

Today I've had a typical day on the roads round here. People routinely cutting corners as they turn into a junction, people with cars that seemingly don't have indicators fitted, people who think it's their job to control the speed of traffic, people driving at 15 in a 30 on a clear road in good visibility, lorries driving along an a road side by side for several miles...

I'm an angry driver I admit but OMG are people really so oblivious to other road users these days?

TarragonChicken Wed 01-Feb-17 19:54:31

What's that statistic about most people thinking they're a better than average driver? Other drivers can be infuriating, but there may well be things you do that infuriate others. That said, I do wonder what % of drivers would pass if they sat their test again today!

A colleague told me I was in front of her as we were driving into work the other week. I jokingly said I hoped I'd been driving OK. She said 'not bad, but you were doing 30 in a 40'. I checked the next day, and it's a residential road, regular streetlights and no speed limit signs. Ergo it's a 30mph limit.hmm

user128057 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:57:30

As I learner driver I completely agree. People pull out in front of you, park in stupid places, tailgate you and everyone wonders why I'm so nervous aha

Trifleorbust Wed 01-Feb-17 19:59:02

I drive people mad as a driver because I follow the rules and I drive with regard my own safety and that of others. Who knew that could be so annoying?

DJKKSlider Wed 01-Feb-17 20:01:21

My instructor told me,
"You'll find, after a while, anyone driving faster than you is a maniac, everyone slower is a dodderer"
Its very true.

grin

PlayOnWurtz Wed 01-Feb-17 20:05:30

I too drive to the rules of the road. Shame no other bastard does!

ToriaPumpkin Wed 01-Feb-17 20:09:13

Today I was driving in very thick fog. I had my lights on and was driving at a sensible speed. I was nearly involved in a head on collision because someone driving a white car, with no lights on, was driving too fast (it's a 40 limit but you couldn't see 20ft in front) to stop when I didn't see them and turned right. I'm not the world's best driver by any stretch but I was livid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now