Talk

Advanced search

Do we have any gamers?

(3 Posts)
SingingInTheRainstorm Wed 01-Feb-17 02:04:21

I'm looking at keyboards as I loathe the one that came with the iMac.

Primarily it'll be used for typing and shortcuts when using design programmes. But it'll also be used for gaming, the one I thought was ideal is prone to ghosting on games, which I presume isn't good.

There's a wireless set up for £20 with laptop & mouse, no mention of ghosting. The one with a cable is good for everyday keyboard use a Logitech one, but the ghosting thing is rife.

What should I expect to pay for a basic gaming keyboard? If it's just MC & RB, plus getting into other games is it worth getting the cheap one and then saving up for a fancier one?

Apart from no wires, are there any other benefits to Bluetooth keyboards?

What games would you recommend on steam that are iOS compatible? Do you have a thread with gaming chat?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SansComic Wed 01-Feb-17 07:23:07

Depending on the games you play will have an effect.

What is your budget?

Why do you dislike the Apple keyboard?

I like the chiclet style keyboard as found on lots of laptops and the Apple Keyboards. I use a Razer Deathstalker for work. For gaming I like the Razer BlackWidow Chroma

Mechanical keyboards are great for gaming as are macros.

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Wed 01-Feb-17 10:16:38

Another vote for Razer. If you are an avid game and have the budget the corsair mechanical keyboards are great - the k70 is lovely but over £100 so not basic as you'd asked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now