Talk

Advanced search

To be feeling a bit pissed off at DH...

(5 Posts)
Sumday Tue 31-Jan-17 19:18:41

Now bare with me and please do understand DH has 1001 wonderful, redeeming and lovely qualities but today he is just annoying me. I have been trying to lose weight, had a long successful run, then plateaued - plan was to kick start it again and been eating healthily - I've lost 2 stone and have 2 stone to go. I also have a very heavy job, its full on through sept - apr especially and I recently was awarded my phd. In the last two hours he has hassled me about what I eat (I picked my sons three left over chips), what I drink (I suggested a glass of wine tonight), how much I earn (with the encouragement/ suggestion I should be earning more after the 'hassle' of the me doing a phd) and now just had a moan about not doing a workout every night of the week. It would be nice to feel that he likes me for how I am right now, right now in this moment! I know he wants me to be healthier (and I've know doubt its linked to health rather than looks), I know he worries about money (hence the job bit - I earn pretty well btw) but days like this I constantly am made to feel I need to be a little bit more. He gets anxious about stuff and I seem to take the brunt of it - he has iron strong will power so he decided a few months ago to stop drinking (anxious about health) - but expects me to jump on board with that, same as when he diet to completely change his diet, etc. I know this isn't his intention, but when I try to talk to him about it he just gets all defensive - he feels he is supporting me, I feel he is badgering me!
Just needed a safe place to rant really.

Dudess Tue 31-Jan-17 19:24:17

Rant away; I left the house for work tonight after arguing over a rotating desk tidy. Basically DH doesn't like stuff in the house; I'm a creative teacher entertaining our five year old.

I'm going to my Mum's after work to spin my felt tips.

:-)

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 31-Jan-17 19:27:22

YANBU, it's really unhelpful (and if you are anything like me it just makes you want to do the opposite grin)

mintthins Tue 31-Jan-17 19:30:21

YANBU. 🍷

EZA15 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:31:50

YANBU, sometimes they can just be annoying frustrating twaddle heads. (3 yo friendly version of the word twat!) I am on a HR course. Tonight is the only session I can attend die to childcare. Where am I currently? At home. Looking after the small person because for one night a week he couldn't be bothered finishing work early (self employed and semi retired so he has that flexibility) so I could go. Freaking twaddle head

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now