Talk

Advanced search

To pee in the shower?

(75 Posts)
ipeeintheshower Tue 31-Jan-17 16:43:28

Just that really. It all gets washed down the drain anyway.... Aibu or am I committing a treacherous crime?

Kiroro Tue 31-Jan-17 16:44:41

I do but don't tell anyone.

sum1killthepawpatrollers Tue 31-Jan-17 16:45:13

nah, its multitasking

PurpleDaisies Tue 31-Jan-17 16:46:08

It's better for the environment....
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-29552557

Probably best not to if you've got someone in the shower with you mind.

TheNaze73 Tue 31-Jan-17 16:46:12

Just don't tell anyone that you're into golden showers wink

Fruitellaz Tue 31-Jan-17 16:46:17

I do it sometimes, don't see the problem really.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 31-Jan-17 16:46:22

Wee in the bath , it warms it up

WorraLiberty Tue 31-Jan-17 16:50:39

There have been lots of threads on this subject and the replies have been mostly 50/50-ish.

Personally I think it's ok as long as you're actually taking a shower at the time grin

MissVictoria Tue 31-Jan-17 16:52:42

If you live alone and don't feel dirty having had pee run down your legs/squat then no harm i guess, but i couldn't do it (even with my anti bacterial shower gel after!) and technically good for environment as it saves a good few litres of water per flush.
If however you live with parents/roomates/partner etc and they use the same shower and you haven't washed it down with disinfectant afterwards, it's totally disgusting. My dad would never pee in the shower as he knows my OCD wouldn't cope with it, even if i found out months later and nothing "bad" had happened i'd feel overwhelmingly contaminated and freak.

coffeetasteslikeshit Tue 31-Jan-17 16:55:12

Of course it's fine. Why wouldn't you? Unless you have OCD of course, as above.

blueirishues Tue 31-Jan-17 16:56:29

I have no choice. Running water has that effect on me!

On another note, something I've always wondered. Anyone else ever done an enormous poo and then a mammoth wee you didn't even know you needed? As if the poo is stopping the wee? I'll shut up now ...

jcne Tue 31-Jan-17 17:04:10

blueirish me too! If I do ever share a shower with someone I have to battle my reflex!

jcne Tue 31-Jan-17 17:04:40

I have my own shower ¯\_(__ツ__)_/¯

Previously1 Tue 31-Jan-17 17:13:31

blueirishues an unexpelled poo is often the cause of the feeling of cystitis, it presses on the bladder and can stop the urine from passing. Have a quick look at an anatomical diagram and you will see what I mean.

RaisinsAndApple Tue 31-Jan-17 17:13:34

Why do you ask?!?

StillMaidOfStars Tue 31-Jan-17 18:26:37

I pee in my shower, I pee in other peoples' showers, I don't care who pees in mine.

It's pee, not radioactive waste medical investigations aside

olderthanyouthink Tue 31-Jan-17 18:33:04

I do, doesn't matter to me if the shower is shared.

It's drinkable and washes away.

olderthanyouthink Tue 31-Jan-17 18:33:08

I do, doesn't matter to me if the shower is shared.

It's drinkable and washes away.

ProfOf Tue 31-Jan-17 18:33:17

It is also good if you have fungal feet infections!

www.womens-health-advice.com/treatments/athletes-foot.html

DJBaggySmalls Tue 31-Jan-17 18:38:21

Why would you step out of the shower to pee and flush?
If pee is good enough for jellyfish stings and battle wounds I dont get the problem.

SherlockPotter Tue 31-Jan-17 18:43:34

I've done it once... it did warm the little space but it made it smell

usernumbernonsense Tue 31-Jan-17 18:43:43

I do. I also tell the kids off if they try and get out of the shower to do a wee blush

MrsSthe3rd Tue 31-Jan-17 18:49:30

I'm another wee in the shower woman 🙋🏼. Even if I'd just had one before getting in!

dollydaydream114 Tue 31-Jan-17 21:05:48

I don't wee in the shower, but only because I live with DP and he just finds the idea of it a bit gross. Obviously he wouldn't actually know if I did it, but he's respectful of my foibles so it's only fair that I'm respectful of his.

I probably wouldn't do it in any shower that other people had to use, to be honest. I personally don't have a problem with it, but not everyone would think it was OK, and I'm in the shower for about 15 minutes maximum so it's not actually any effort to refrain.

thecolonelbumminganugget Tue 31-Jan-17 21:14:53

I do. I assumed everyone did, turns out DP doesn't and judged me a bit for doing so. Since this eye opening conversation I pretend I don't do it anymore and he pretends he believes me.

I drink so much tea, I pretty much pee Earl Grey anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now