Talk

Advanced search

Trump protesters

(42 Posts)
CodyAndTheCups Mon 30-Jan-17 19:41:23

Just seen a video of groups of protesters in America attempting to block traffic and getting really pissed off when the cars don't slow down and they/their pals get hurt. This must truly be surivival of the fittest and its finest!

CodyAndTheCups Mon 30-Jan-17 19:41:41

At its finest *

Palegreenstars Mon 30-Jan-17 20:25:03

What's your AIBU?

CodyAndTheCups Tue 31-Jan-17 09:22:15

Ok, aibu to think that anyone who purposely stands in front of a moving vehicle to try and make a point, quite frankly deserves to be hit???

SansComic Tue 31-Jan-17 09:24:56

Not sure they deserve to but you can't blame the driver when they are.

Considering the violence at these protests, I'd be very scared and may well continue driving for my and my passengers safety.

CodyAndTheCups Tue 31-Jan-17 09:38:25

One of the protesters jumped on to one of cars, I'm sorry but I would put my foot down if any idiot did that to me!

TheLambShankRedemption Tue 31-Jan-17 09:48:58

Whatever you are protesting about, walking into moving traffic and being a danger to drivers, passengers and yourself is completely out of order.

Zanymummy Tue 31-Jan-17 10:44:13

As much as I hate Trumps point of view and bigoted beliefs I despair at all these protests when there is so much more dangerous events unfolding. It has kicked off over in Ukraine again with at least 10 dead casualties on the Russian sponsored side and the Nato/western sponsored side which could spiral out of control and start WW3. Yet all we see is concerned rent a mobs protesting over something in another country while the events that could suck us all in is being largely ignored this is what we should be shouting about as this is the biggest risk at this moment in time.

NarkyMcDinkyChops Tue 31-Jan-17 10:46:25

aibu to think that anyone who purposely stands in front of a moving vehicle to try and make a point, quite frankly deserves to be hit

The only people who deserve to be run over are Trump and his cronies.

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Tue 31-Jan-17 10:47:59

Behave like that in the U.K. Cody, you'll be in prison for a long old time. Sounds like that might be the right place for you though,

CockacidalManiac Tue 31-Jan-17 10:50:47

Would you extend that to the brace protestor who placed himself in front of Chinese tanks in Tiananmen Square? Did he deserve to be driven over too? Or are you just being a twat.

CockacidalManiac Tue 31-Jan-17 10:52:01

Brave, obviously. Not Brace.

CockacidalManiac Tue 31-Jan-17 10:53:22

As much as I hate Trumps point of view and bigoted beliefs I despair at all these protests when there is so much more dangerous events unfolding. It has kicked off over in Ukraine again with at least 10 dead casualties on the Russian sponsored side and the Nato/western sponsored side which could spiral out of control and start WW3. Yet all we see is concerned rent a mobs protesting over something in another country while the events that could suck us all in is being largely ignored this is what we should be shouting about as this is the biggest risk at this moment in time.

Are you so unsophisticated to think that the events are unrelated? Why do you think that Putin feels empowered to do this?

CodyAndTheCups Tue 31-Jan-17 10:53:55

So if people are standing in front of a car trying to block traffic, you are supposed to just sit there? Imagine you were trying to get your kid to hospital or something, or just somewhere important, hell yeah if they tried to stop me I'd mow them down.
Honestly if you are daft enough to jump on front of moving traffic then who's fault is it... natural selection.

CockacidalManiac Tue 31-Jan-17 10:58:02

Imagine you were trying to get your kid to hospital or something, or just somewhere important, hell yeah if they tried to stop me I'd mow them down.

You're not very bright, not very pleasant, or just both.

Olympiathequeen Tue 31-Jan-17 11:01:13

Can't understand why a moving car represents Trump? The protestors need to target their protest better.

CodyAndTheCups Tue 31-Jan-17 11:02:40

Olympia like I said, if you are that daft then you probably won't really have thought of any logic behind it. Just a way to get attention

CodyAndTheCups Tue 31-Jan-17 11:04:25

Cock I'm not the one playing chicken with traffic. Even the cops in the video I watched just shrug their shoulders. that was funny

NarkyMcDinkyChops Tue 31-Jan-17 11:15:40

Mow them down if you want. And then enjoy prison.

SansComic Tue 31-Jan-17 11:23:11

The only people who deserve to be run over are Trump and his cronies.

Do they?

NarkyMcDinkyChops Tue 31-Jan-17 11:34:49

Yes.

Quimby Tue 31-Jan-17 12:01:16

Link?

mummymeister Tue 31-Jan-17 12:03:15

In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.

we are so not used to politicians promising things and then carrying them out that when one does we all throw our hands up in horror.

trump said he would do these things. unlike other politicians this is what he has done. people of America, you got what you voted for.

Obama who is assuming some sort of god like status promised to close Guantanamo bay, it would be one of his first acts in office and he didn't did he. because career politicians promise things that they then don't do.

perhaps now people will listen much more carefully to what politicians promise knowing that they might carry these promises out.

instead of jumping on cars and demonstrating, people need to engage in politics. register for voting and get voting when they have the chance.

election turnouts in the uk are woeful. perhaps the outcome of all of this will be a much more engaged and informed population.

DJBaggySmalls Tue 31-Jan-17 12:04:42

So basically you believe some people deserve everything they get. You think its funny to see people get injured.
And you want to see who agrees with you, for some reason.

All righty then.

Palegreenstars Tue 31-Jan-17 12:37:40

what Narky said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now