Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what Trump has to do to be impeached?

(10 Posts)
malificent7 Mon 30-Jan-17 18:12:29

Surely he's going to be out of control. There is so much chaos after just one week!

So there is probably Russian involvement in the election result.
He has a track record of groping woman.
He is racist and his policies are blatantly right wing.

I'm just praying something will lead to him to be booted out. Can someone explain please?!

DomesticAnarchist Mon 30-Jan-17 18:57:46

Bumping - an interesting question I know nothing about

StillMaidOfStars Mon 30-Jan-17 18:58:34

Would it leave Pence as President?

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 30-Jan-17 18:59:07

I am hoping for a more aherm... permanent solution.

JennyOnAPlate Mon 30-Jan-17 18:59:13

Bumping too because I know nothing about it.

riceuten Mon 30-Jan-17 19:00:16

Almost anything. Bear in mind he would need to be impeached by the majority of the House of Representatives (controlled by the Republicans) and 67 of the 100 Senators (controlled by the Republicans), it ain't gonna happen.

itsawonderfulworld Mon 30-Jan-17 19:01:48

Something blatantly illegal according to the US constitution. I think he's heading there but not quite there yet. Also, Pence would be worse - he doesn't even have the excuse of being insane...

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Mon 30-Jan-17 19:02:41

You have to commit a crime.

Congratulations, President Pence.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 30-Jan-17 19:05:00

Saw this today. It seems fitting...

sad

FatherJemimaRacktool Mon 30-Jan-17 19:11:39

He would have to be president at a time when the Republicans didn't also control Congress.

That said, he's already broken various records for unpopularity, and the Republican elite never liked him in the first place, so if he continues to get more unpopular then there will come a time when Republicans facing re-election will have to figure out when to back away from him. At that point, one of the many scandals swirling around him - the possibility that he colluded with a foreign adversary to undermine the US election system (i.e. the possibility that he has committed acts of treason); the issue of his previous and current business interests with other countries, for example - could be grounds for getting rid of him before he takes the GOP Congressional majority down with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now