Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask what are your 'disgusting' habits

(252 Posts)
FatBottomedGal Mon 30-Jan-17 16:32:18

There are loads of things that are generally frowned upon that I'm sure loads of us do - I want to hear yours!

My input - I don't always wash my hands after I pee. I don't pee on my hands always see the need and soap sometimes irritates my hands blush

Your turn!

DameVanillaSugar Mon 30-Jan-17 16:36:07

Euewwww. Delightful.

SaltySalt Mon 30-Jan-17 16:37:21

I fart a lot

UntilTheCowsComeHome Mon 30-Jan-17 16:40:25

I don't wash my hands after a pee either. Unless I've peed on them or I'm in a public toilet.

Wasn't taught to wash my hands after loo visits as a kid and only started to wash them after a poo when I was a teenager blush

RogueV Mon 30-Jan-17 16:41:48

I pick my nose

And eat the bogies

FrizzBombDelight Mon 30-Jan-17 16:42:35

Probably everything that will get mentioned here confused

liz70 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:44:44

Picking scabs off. I never grew out of it. blush

Doglikeafox Mon 30-Jan-17 16:45:39

Eurgh I cannot understand why people eat their snot... just why!?
I don't always wash my hands after using the loo, especially not at home. I am in and out the kitchen all day so am constantly washing my hands anyway, and I do always wash my hands before eating and preparing food.
I think my only other disgusting habit would be that I don't wash my bras as often as I should. I own 3 that I wear regularly and wash them maybe once a month blush

Hidingtonothing Mon 30-Jan-17 16:48:02

I pick my scalp, it's an anxiety thing and I have to consciously try not to do it in public blush

Astoria7974 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:48:35

I fart quite often and quite loudly. But have a medical problem so it tends to be forgiven.

I rarely wash my coffee mug - will just rinse it out between uses.

Palomb Mon 30-Jan-17 16:49:41

I don't wash my hands when I've had a wee when I'm at home really. I always wash before I cook so don't really see the issue.

My male work friend had a real thing about men not washing their hands when they've use the urinals. I know the hand washing habits of all the men on my floor 🤢

I always wash my hands at work.

amusedbush Mon 30-Jan-17 16:50:28

I actively enjoy a good burp. The sort that sounds like it came all the way up from your big toe.

DH doesn't even react anymore, which is a good thing because it's a hazard of being as addicted to Diet Irun Bru as I am grin

RogueV Mon 30-Jan-17 16:52:16

See i find it more gross that you don't wash your bra more often than the nose picking.

Snot is just mucus anyway. There is plenty that we swallow that we don't think about.

I bet there are loads of bogey eaters out there. If you don't eat it what do you do after you have picked it?!

purpleviolet1 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:53:23

I am flabbergasted at how many people do not wash their hands after using the loo sad

SpookyPotato Mon 30-Jan-17 16:55:48

I pick my nose and eat it.
I always wash my hands after using the toilet in public or at someone elses house, but not after a wee at home..
I scratch my groin and smell my fingers.
All in private though... wink We are human!

ThinkPinkStink Mon 30-Jan-17 16:57:19

I am also a head picker, I cold spend weeks seeking out tiny little crumbs of skin to pick off, and picking begets things to pick. I have a secret fantasy that my scalp is made out of lychee skin, ultimately pickable.

ThinkPinkStink Mon 30-Jan-17 16:57:40

But I have never eaten either head pickings or snot.

exWifebeginsat40 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:59:31

i am never eating at anyone's house again. i had a terrible childhood and was never taught to wash my hands after using the loo, but as an adult i of course do, every time.

i do have a terrible habit of not caring about cats on worktops, but i don't think i'm the only one guilty of that.

oh. and i have a giant, grotty cardigan that i wear in the house. it's disgusting but so comforting.

CocoLoco87 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:02:05

Pick it, roll it, flick it, with bogeys. Never eat them!!! Eurrgh.

I smell my hands after I've cut my toenails. They smell a bit...old, but I still have to have a whiff!

SpongebobRoundPants Mon 30-Jan-17 17:03:31

I have a habit of doing my make up and wiping my foundation-y paws on my dressing gown blush

HistoriaTrixie Mon 30-Jan-17 17:05:17

I have been known to giggle all the time occasionally when I fart or burp loudly, although only ever when I'm alone.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Mon 30-Jan-17 17:08:01

Like I suspected. None of these are what I consider really disgusting. I'm not giving any of mine. It would require a name change, not to mention a reboot of the entire internet. But I did know a woman who kept used sanpro in a,cupboard.

tinydancer88 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:08:10

I love farting, and MUST pick at any dry skin.

Shockers Mon 30-Jan-17 17:08:56

I pull out my hair, strand by strand -- and take the bulbs off the end with my teeth--.

FooFighter99 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:09:46

I suffer from Pompholyx eczema on my hands and feet and spend a vast amount of time picking at the dry skin.... which sometimes comes off in MASSIVE pieces - like whole 2-3cm sections of my palms - it's very satisfying (and sometimes painful when it goes too deep).

My DH hates it and is always moaning that there's skin everywhere.... but I just can't help myself.

I used to pick my nose a lot when I was little, and wipe the bogies on the back of my headboard (I never ate them though) and every few months I would have to peel layers of bogies off the headboard and throw them away so my mum wouldn't shout at me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now