Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel upset about not being invited...

(5 Posts)
lovely123 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:45:05

to my cousins wedding, we are not super close but keep in touch via facebook and see each other at family functions.
I have been invited to her sisters wedding last year but not sure why I was left out of this one.
Just got a text from one of my auntie's asking why I did not come, I was honest and said I was not invited.
Apparently everyone came so its not like they only invited close family/1st cousins...
I try not to let things like this get to me but am feeling down, not sure why I was not invited.
Feeling left out and a bit down to be honest...
Should I say something to my cousin, maybe I should just congratulate and leave it?

wettunwindee Mon 30-Jan-17 09:57:50

any chance you didn't get the invite?

lovely123 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:11:59

No I dont think so as my dad also knows nothing about it, one of us should have received it.
It was a big wedding and they would of expected a RSVP and called us when we did not respond.

ChipmunkSundays Mon 30-Jan-17 10:20:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 30-Jan-17 10:25:09

For my upcoming wedding I am unlikely to invite family I barely see. They are all lovely, but I have friends I see all the time who I'd rather have there. I'm afraid family relationshipa don't trump costs of a wedding.

You're not being unreasonable, but it's a shame she didn't tell people beforehand. I've prepped my mum because she's already going on about aunts and uncles coming. Her side of the family alone (my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids) are 30 people, and we'd like to keep the entire wedding under 50 if we can, so it's not going to happen. Just immediate parents, siblings, partners and nephews are 21!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now