Talk

Advanced search

To ask you all for help finding a new nanny?

(2 Posts)
BrioLover Mon 30-Jan-17 09:27:26

I have one DS, he is 3 (4 in April). I work FT, DH is working FT on a new business, and DS attends a nursery class in a local primary school for 3 hours every morning, 5 days per week in term time. We live in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, near the station.

We found out (via text!) that our nanny is handing in her notice, so she will leave us at the end of Feb/early March.

We're looking for someone for 3-4 days per week, and will pay for the 'lost' hours when DS is at nursery class if that helps at all (and would be wonderful if some basic housekeeping could be done in that time e.g. running a hoover around, emptying dishwasher). We need a live-out nanny as we live in a tiny two-bedroom cottage, and preferably for the nanny to take him to school (9am start) and pick up from school (12 noon finish).

DS is challenging - this is the difficulty really. We are awaiting a paeds appointment for ADHD/ASD/sensory processing disorder. That said, he is very affectionate and bright - completely verbal for example, and meeting all his milestones from an academic perspective. The problem is that he is very strong willed, can be emotionally unaware (i.e. doesn't seem to care if he hurts someone on purpose, but does care if it's an accident), and has meltdowns for which we have not yet found a consistent trigger. Therefore it would be ideal if we could find someone with experience of challenging/non-NT children, or perhaps has family experience of this.

AIBU to ask you all for recommendations of nannies in the area, and perhaps nanny agencies I can contact? I have re-started my Childcare.co.uk profile already. Any help would be gratefully received, as it was hard enough to find a nanny the first time around!

Ihatethedailymail1 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:28:38

you should post this on your local site. this is world wide so probably not very useful to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now