Talk

Advanced search

To be slightly annoyed with DH friend?

(11 Posts)
NewYearNewStinkyPants Sun 29-Jan-17 23:03:27

Last night DH went out with friends, came home at 2am and woke me up to tell me about his night (this is a normal thing for him when he's been out drinking). A woman he knows was flirting with him all night, hugging and kissing him (!) and he was getting annoyed. She followed them from pub to pub and in the end DH said to his friends he was going home, his mate said "but she's fit mate?!" DH still came home. AIBU to think he was encouraging DH to cheat on me?

I tend to over react, so would like some unbiased opinions s please

Helloitsme87 Sun 29-Jan-17 23:06:46

I'd be fuming if my DH friends acted like that. Meant they had no respect for our relationship.
That being said, could just be a drunken thing that he regrets saying when he wakes in the morning (friend I mean, not DH)

SickNotes Sun 29-Jan-17 23:10:08

Honestly, I'd be far crosser that some drunk twit woke me up in the early hours for a not-so-stealth boast.

AddToBasket Sun 29-Jan-17 23:12:32

Don't trust the friend but don't be annoyed either. Why bother? The pissed friend is hardly accountable to you and in any case your DH came home and told you all about it.

WorraLiberty Sun 29-Jan-17 23:16:31

Could be a throwaway drunken comment. Could be his way of teasing your DH. Could have been a serious comment.

Who knows? No point in winding yourself up about it.

As an aside, no way would I put up with anyone hugging and kissing me all night, if I didn't like it.

humblesims Sun 29-Jan-17 23:38:37

Honestly, I'd be far crosser that some drunk twit woke me up in the early hours for a not-so-stealth boast.

This really.

NewYearNewStinkyPants Mon 30-Jan-17 11:54:49

I did tell him to shut up so I could go back to sleep, I had to be up early and ended up over sleeping.

DH hasn't mentioned it since he came back home, doubt he remembers telling me and I don't feel like having an argument about it all right now.

Will try to just forget it

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Mon 30-Jan-17 11:59:35

Not sure where there's an argument to be had other than him waking you up!

Rainydayspending Mon 30-Jan-17 12:07:17

I'd be more concerned as to why the "d"p is routinely waking you after a night out to brag about how he has people interested and people encouraging him etc. It's probably bullshit to make you insecure and vulnerable.

NewYearNewStinkyPants Mon 30-Jan-17 19:00:13

I never thought about that before. He's done it a few times, once I almost kicked him out because of his drunken ramblings.

Making me see this in a different way, thank you

user892 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:05:12

It's probably bullshit to make you insecure and vulnerable.

Either that or he's been getting off with them and thinks that if he acts like he has nothing to hide and blames the 'crazy wimmin' that he'll get away with flirting / kissing / worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now