Talk

Advanced search

To date someone who looks like my ex?

(12 Posts)
Quarksoundslikequack Sun 29-Jan-17 22:12:21

Please note, I didn't seek him out....he popped up, swiped right & thought nothing of it. Wasn't until he messaged that I checked out his pictures and realised the very very close resemblance!

Also, can I just throw in, it's just getting to know each other & POSSIBLY date, the headline would have been too long to put that in lol.

Same smile, nose & mouth!
Same body type & similar height.

I promise it's not my ex!

However, he does look insanely similar....although he seems really nice, obviously I don't know him so that could change.

But! Question is, would it be weird??

Silverdream Sun 29-Jan-17 22:21:54

Only if you feel it's weird. If he's nice don't let the similarity stop you. Just don't tell him that he looks like your ex that would only come across as weird

Quarksoundslikequack Sun 29-Jan-17 22:27:48

Oh definitely not!

I wouldn't ever tell him.

I know it's normal for guys to date women who look like their exes (2 of mine dated girls that looked just like me)
But I find it a little odd! That I'm talking to someone who looks so bloody similar

DJBaggySmalls Sun 29-Jan-17 22:30:24

Have your friends met him?

Quarksoundslikequack Sun 29-Jan-17 22:35:57

No, however none of my friends even met my ex.

Not many people did, only saw pictures briefly.

My ex was one of though "let's make plans to do this & this & see them & do that with them" then it not happen.

So he only met my mum, dad, step dad & brother.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Mon 30-Jan-17 07:35:02

If he behaves like your ex...
It is likely he will become another ex..

KC225 Mon 30-Jan-17 08:41:25

One of my best friends had a type and her new boyfriend some two years after her previous boyfriend died tragically was the spitting image. But once we got to know him and his personality shone through it really became a just a passing resemblance.

Loads of people have a type, it's what you are attracted to - just make sure you are not trying to replicate him.

Good luck OP

Rainydayspending Mon 30-Jan-17 08:48:14

I have to admit I find it really odd that a friend married a guy who bears a strong resemblance to her ex (well actually her ex when he was younger). But they are happy and it's clear they are more suited.

Quarksoundslikequack Mon 30-Jan-17 09:36:01

The thing is, I actually don't have a type.

My first bf was black & average size
My wife was mixed, short & overweight (not being horrible about her, we both are)
A guy I was seeing was skinny & short
My ex bf is white, tall & normal weight

NONE of the above had similar features or even similar personalities.

Even my family have mentioned how they can't understand that I physically don't have a type.

It just so happens that I stumbled across this guy, who looks like my ex blush given the fact my ex is a c!nt, it isn't the best thing!
However this guy is really nice & respectful.

WorraLiberty Mon 30-Jan-17 09:42:15

What does 'popped up and swiped right' mean?

WorraLiberty Mon 30-Jan-17 09:43:30

Duh! Ignore me.

I'm guessing you're talking about online dating and swiping right would be on your phone/tablet?

Quarksoundslikequack Mon 30-Jan-17 10:23:19

Lol....sorry!!

Tinder, although I agree is a very shit place to try & meet someone given the fact I actually met my ex on there.....this guy is honestly really nice.

As a PP on a different thread said to me "when a man tells you who he is, listen to him"

I've taken that oh board completely & am using that above to weed out the wankers! It's proving successful!

I've only spoken to maximum of 4 men!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now