Talk

Advanced search

to think Mother Nature & diets don't mix?

(7 Posts)
CherrySkull Sun 29-Jan-17 16:12:28

I'm on quite a strict diet, i've been REALLY good for 3 weeks, and then today my period arrived.

I haven't had one for 8 years, i came off my pill 4 months ago, had my first one 4 weeks ago, and todays arrival is obviously the proper resumption of my cycle.

i feel like shite, i'm grumpy, i remember WHY i went on the pill before i met DH in the first place.. but, the worst? I just want to eat crap, i have THE WORST junk food cravings ever.

thank goodness i have none in the house or i'd be face first in the ben & jerrys, fuck the spoon.

But seriously? wtf?

PremierCru Sun 29-Jan-17 16:13:20

Totally agree. I eat well and lose weight for theee weeks then put it all back on again in the fourth. Would love to know what the answer is!

Tulipblank Sun 29-Jan-17 16:16:02

I've lost quite a lot of weight over the last year by overhauling my diet and I generally eat quite healthily with appropriate portions.

Except when I'm on my period. Particularly days 2 and 3. Then I eat my body weight in shite food.

ShowOfHands Sun 29-Jan-17 16:18:23

I don't eat any differently during my period but end up bloated, sluggish, headachey and cross. You can't win.

CherrySkull Sun 29-Jan-17 16:22:12

That the only reason i'm being good SoH, i have no crap in the house to gorge on so i have to eat 'normally'

i admit i checked the cal content on the kids chocolate disgestives and saw they were 84 a biscuit and put them back grin

i've only got fruit and yogurt in to eat for 'treats'

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Sun 29-Jan-17 16:23:18

Theweek before my period the constant hunger starts, and it doesn't stop until after the period is over.
I turn in to a Cookie Monster

TaraCarter Sun 29-Jan-17 20:26:51

Oh yes, eating sensibly goes out the window the week before and the first few days. I just feel constantly ravenous. It's like. I'm pretty sure, judging by the effect on the scales, that I do need extra food that week, but probably not as much as I want to eat! Nowhere near, nowhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now