Talk

Advanced search

To expect Trump to respect the Prince of Wales

(65 Posts)
Valentine2 Sun 29-Jan-17 01:50:47

I am not a big fan of the Royal family. It's infuriating to see this slug of a president getting arrogant to Prince Charles though. And that too on climate change! Whatever happened to mutual respect and decency?

VimFuego101 Sun 29-Jan-17 02:36:18

I feel the same way. Not a big royal family fan, but I hope they take him to task over this.

OnceUponATimeInAVest Sun 29-Jan-17 02:38:11

YAbu.

Why would he respect Charlie when he doesn't respect anyone else?

SenecaFalls Sun 29-Jan-17 02:43:43

I don't understand why the UK is inviting him for a state visit so soon in his presidency. It's being seen as an honor and big validation of his policies by the UK government here in the US. Is that what the people of the UK want?

OnceUponATimeInAVest Sun 29-Jan-17 02:47:43

It's not what I want. At all. But it's not like we have a great relationship with Europe anymore...

AmeliaJack Sun 29-Jan-17 02:47:47

I don't understand why White House advisors think that tea and cake with William will be any less awkward?

I can't imagine that William disagrees with his Father's views on climate change?

I hope that William refuses to allow his father to be pushed aside.

If I was the Kate I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Trump.

Batteriesallgone Sun 29-Jan-17 02:56:54

Trump knows the British public don't respect Charles. He wants to meet the popular ones because it will look good.

SenecaFalls Sun 29-Jan-17 02:59:50

I doubt that the Queen disagrees with Charles about climate change either.

So y'all voted in Brexit and we (well, not me) voted in Trump, and now we are stuck together in this right wing "alternative facts" driven nightmare.

drivinmecrazy Sun 29-Jan-17 03:00:26

I am more disgusted and disappointed that Charles thinks that we are all so obsessed with Brexit that we can't even begin to think about the environment.
Personally the two go hand in hand.
We no longer have any standards to uphold until we implement our own.
Trump town now means we have absolutely no global targets or goals.
Sorry your majesty if we can't keep quiet about the rest, but I think it's all interconnected.
If you really gave a shite then maybe you should be thinking more about the prospect of Brexit and strengthening trade relations with somewhere like USA, who even on a good day find it extremely difficult to look favourably at positive farming and produce.

SenecaFalls Sun 29-Jan-17 03:02:14

William and Kate are the ones that get all the media coverage over here. That's why he wants to meet with them. And, of course, President Obama did, and he probably wants to one-up that. I wonder if he's already working on a photo op with George and Charlotte.

Thadius Sun 29-Jan-17 03:02:49

Lol at expecting Trump to respect anyone

NovemberInDailyFailLand Sun 29-Jan-17 03:23:49

Let's hope Her Maj doesn't shuffle off this mortal coil between now and July, then. Very awkward.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 29-Jan-17 03:28:57

Trump is an arsehole. But why on earth should he have to respect someone simply because of an accident of birth?

I'd rather he respected his own people, refugees, women making decisions about their own bodies. Hereditary monarch? Nope.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Sun 29-Jan-17 04:21:36

There's an awful lot of things that I wish Trump was doing differently, treating Charles Windsor with anything more than the contempt he deserves, isn't among them.

Having said that, I'm surprised that they're not getting on better. As two, very unbrilliant, white guys, who've managed to achieve nothing on merit, one spending his dad's cash, the other wearing honours his mum gave him, they have a lot in common.

Mummyoflittledragon Sun 29-Jan-17 04:41:07

So y'all voted in Brexit. Nope not me.

And yes it's all a fucking nightmare. Trump likely doesn't understand the concept of royalty. He doesn't appear to have a very high iq.

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 29-Jan-17 05:10:41

So y'all voted in Brexit and we (well, not me) voted in Trump, and now we are stuck together in this right wing "alternative facts" driven nightmare.

I didn't vote for Brexit and you didn't vote for that dangerous clown, but yep, we're stuck in this dystopian nightmare where the far right is charging full steam ahead.

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 29-Jan-17 05:17:16

And OP no offence, but Prince Charles is waaaay down the list of peopIe I'm going to be offended on behalf of. Women, Muslims, refugees....they have my immediate sympathy.

And I have no clue why his invite to royal circles is being fast tracked in this way. I know the Queen must have had to shake hands and smile with some proper evil characters over the course of her reign, but come on, it's 2017, make a stand Lizzie.

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 29-Jan-17 05:18:11

As two, very unbrilliant, white guys, who've managed to achieve nothing on merit, one spending his dad's cash, the other wearing honours his mum gave him, they have a lot in common.

Well said.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 29-Jan-17 05:19:25

YABU to expect Trump to respect anyone, regardless of who they are. The man HAS no respect for anyone other than himself and is too stupid and arrogant to realise how stupid he is.

I hope the Queen comes down with a Rather Nasty Bug that sadly prevents her having to meet this oily tick in person - she'd be days cleaning her hands afterwards, if she ever actually has to shake his. angry

SingingInTheRainstorm Sun 29-Jan-17 05:27:58

It's strange as he's all for this concept of a superior race, I would have thought the monarchy matched his weird ideals.

BitchQueen90 Sun 29-Jan-17 06:13:55

Well, Trump doesn't respect women, ethnic minorities, LGBT, so I'd just add Prince Charles onto the long list.

Charlesroi Sun 29-Jan-17 06:41:27

If anyone can pull off subtly insulting Trump (and not the USA) it's HM Queen. I bet she's not a happy camper right now.
I'm not happy either - it wasn't that long ago we had a well supported petition to ban the Ronsealed oxygen thief from this country.

Booboostwo Sun 29-Jan-17 06:49:15

THIS is what bothers you about Trump? You were 'meh' about his views on women, muslims, Mexicans, the disabled, immigrants, LGBT, but as soon as he might disagree with the Prince of Wales you've had enough?

cowgirlsareforever Sun 29-Jan-17 06:52:14

He made crude and disparaging remarks about Princess Diana, who apparantly found him creepy. That will go down well with William and Harry.

Incidentally Princess Diana was the only Royal who wouldn't give Jimmy Saville the time of day. And yet they called her the crazy one.

Parker231 Sun 29-Jan-17 06:54:26

I don't respect Charles so I'm not really bothered if Trump does or doesn't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now