Talk

Advanced search

To have just snapped Dp's running machine

(7 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sat 28-Jan-17 19:33:24

blushblushblush

I am MORTIFIED! Dp bought a running machine from ebay and i have only been on it a few times.

I have been on a diet for two weeks following too long with my head in the aand. I took my BP and it was on the high side, so enough's enough and im on a diet and exercising.

Had been running for about ten minutes when CRRRRAAACKKK the base snapped shockhmm

Surely these things can take people's weight. im a lard arse at 15 stone (well 14.5 stone now). Dp is heavier than me ffs !!

So i hauled all 14 and a half stone of me on a 5k run in the cold and dark, now recovering in the bath.

Poor Dp! i think he is going to try anf fix it bodge it up

Tell me it must have been on its way out. It was clearly an expensive bit of kit in its time. I know im fat but REALLY????

CrohnicallyPregnant Sat 28-Jan-17 19:37:32

Second hand I take it? Who knows how old it was/how it had been treated in the past. Some plastics become brittle after several years, that's possibly what had happened here. In my experience, weight limits on chairs and things vary from 16-18 stone, but you can go quite a bit over before serious damage occurs.

Reality16 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:38:04

Well they do have a weight limit. Google the model to find out what it is

TheoriginalLEM Sat 28-Jan-17 19:48:56

am pretty sure it was heavier than 15 stone. It was quite a substantial machine... <wails>

Reality16 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:01:37

There is no harm in checking though?

TheoriginalLEM Sat 28-Jan-17 20:51:11

Weight limit is 21 stone, happy now?

replacement bases are £170 shockshock

Dp is going to have to man up.and run outsede!!

Reality16 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:53:00

What's with the 'happy now?' Snide comment? I was only making a suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now