Talk

Advanced search

aibu to swerve hen do?

(11 Posts)
BlueParrott Sat 28-Jan-17 19:19:08

I feel like im being a bit rude. A female friend of my fiance Is getting married in March and shes having a hen do in a few weeks. Its lovely of her to invite me but my sil is coming. My sil doesnt like me and i avoid her. If shes had a drink i know she'll start mouthing off. Aibu to swerve?

ImperialBlether Sat 28-Jan-17 19:19:54

I wouldn't go - it would be a disaster!

Leeds2 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:20:42

I would keep well away!

Lilaclily Sat 28-Jan-17 19:20:46

A friend of your fiance is a bit odd, hen nights are for friends of the hen

Stuffedshirt Sat 28-Jan-17 19:21:02

Make an excuse, if you don't want to go. I really don't blame you for not wanting to go.

Iamastonished Sat 28-Jan-17 19:21:05

Thank her for inviting you and make your excuses.

EweAreHere Sat 28-Jan-17 19:21:40

Just thank them for the invitation and say you can't make it if you won't enjoy it.

BlueParrott Sat 28-Jan-17 19:26:20

Liliac were invited to the whole day and i think shes being nice as ive just moved here

CombineBananaFister Sat 28-Jan-17 19:42:35

I am in exactly the same position! avoid at all costs as it won't matter who's fault the drama on the night is, it will just be remembered for ruining the night.
In my case SIL invited herself (because her mu and sister are) and I am actually ireally nvited but still won't go because she'll get arseholed and cause a scene. Like the Hen too much to spoil it for her

BlueParrott Sat 28-Jan-17 19:44:12

Yeah i think im going to say ive got no babysitter!

MrsHathaway Sat 28-Jan-17 19:54:21

It does sound like you've been invited out of courtesy so she'd be glad to have you but wouldn't miss you if you dodged.

What a shame you can't get a babysitter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now