Talk

Advanced search

A wedding one...

(6 Posts)
Ginmakesitallok Sat 28-Jan-17 18:57:16

Genuinely don't know if aibu.

My niece is getting married later this year. We have 2 dds. Wedding is in middle of nowhere, rooms at venue limited to wedding party - means us staying about 40 mins away, but fine with that.

My other 2 Neices are in wedding party, sil is doing hair so she and bil are staying at venue. We're the only family not staying there.

So, Mil has just asked us whether niece has mentioned dds being flowergirls/ junior bridesmaids - because she has picked what dresses she would like for them.

Am I by to be pissed off? Wedding had been being planned for months, there are no rooms left at venue, so we'll still be only ones staying away from it, but will be expected to be there early for girls to get ready etc etc.

I've already spent £££ on dresses for them for another wedding we're going to as I thought they'd at least wear them twice.

Wibu to say no when niece asks, and say we'd rather just enjoy the day as a family?

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Sat 28-Jan-17 19:00:22

Yes, it's really weird not to actually ask the parents.

But unless you have fairly atypical DDs, they'll not like it if you turn it down for them because you're miffed by the manner of asking.

Ghfst Sat 28-Jan-17 19:03:45

Well the couple will pay won't they? Very rude not to ask you though!!

SilenceOfThePrams Sat 28-Jan-17 19:05:10

Might be worth checking your niece actually wants them as flower girls, and it isn't your mil deciding unilaterally that they ought to be, before you get too cross about dresses/driving to venue/etc.

Ginmakesitallok Sat 28-Jan-17 19:07:11

Dd2 would like to do it, dd1 wouldn't. It's not just the cost - it's the whole thing about them just being an afterthought? All of the wedding party/family are staying over - we've had to find our own accommodation. They knew that there wouldn't be room for us.

Ginmakesitallok Sat 28-Jan-17 19:08:15

Silence - good point!! Might be Mil behind it - she's buying all the dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now