Talk

Advanced search

To ask how to deal with anxiety over leaving DC with other people?

(2 Posts)
deai Sat 28-Jan-17 18:52:26

DS is 3, and seems to constantly want to be doing dangerous things he shouldn't, like all 3 year olds i imagine..
I broke up with his dad recently and he now goes over to his once or twice a week. He also stays at my parents once a week.

I am clearly insane but whenever he goes, I have sense of dread as if he's going to die. all the things that could happen just come into my head and i feel like i can't trust anyone else with him?
e.g his dad asked me the other day if we were still supposed to be cutting up grapes for him or if he's too old for that now.
that freaked me out MASSIVELY. of course you need to cut them.
He does 3 hours in the morning at nursery and every morning after i drop him off i question myself over wether i can actually remember taking him in and that i handed him over to one of the workers, and i worry that e.g he wandered back out and no one noticed and he'll fall into the river behind the nursery.

I don't think this is all normal at all, im 32 weeks pregnant I don't know if it's maybe a hormone thing making it worse? it's stressing me out to he point where i feel crazy.

early30smum Sat 28-Jan-17 18:57:18

flowers it sounds like you're having a tough time. What you're saying you're feeling is a bit beyond normal anxiety about your child I think. Do you have a good GP? Could you have a chat to them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now