Talk

Advanced search

To think the BBC should be showing the Aus Open final tomorrow

(13 Posts)
myeyesarepink Sat 28-Jan-17 18:02:13

Wimbledon, Queens, the French Open are televised by the BBC so why not show us the whole match rather than the highlights hours later?

I bet if Murray had got through it would be on.

Crowdblundering Sat 28-Jan-17 18:03:14

Think it's to do with who buys the TV rights....

We watch it on our fire stick grin

Stickerrocks Sat 28-Jan-17 18:07:34

It wouldn't be on as the BBC can't afford to buy the rights to show it (which are awarded under contract for several years at a time, not based on who reaches the final). Listen on 5 Live instead for great commentary, as long as they remember to state the score every so often.

myeyesarepink Sat 28-Jan-17 18:12:24

I'm cross that IABU.
Had 5live on yesterday but I'd so love to watch it.

NiktheGreek Sat 28-Jan-17 18:14:29

BBC have shown it in past years so don't know why not this year. It is live on British Eurosport.

PandoraMole Sat 28-Jan-17 18:15:25

Quite honestly I'll be bloody glad when its over as living with my mum atm and she's obsessed!

I'd I have to listen to another half-hour tea time monologue about the days tennis action I will start self flagellating with a tennis racquet!

Stickerrocks Sat 28-Jan-17 19:04:06

You just want to watch Rafa sweat!

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 28-Jan-17 19:31:20

I wish they were showing it too meeyes. I have a subscription to TennisTv which shows a lot of the smaller tournaments which are held around the year. I love it but it is frustrating (well I think it is) that you can't always watch some of the bigger events.

YANBU.

Bette85 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:53:51

You can buy a 'day pass' to watch Eurosport online for 5.99. I've never done it before (only found out about you could do that recently) but am thinking of doing that for the final.

I would have watched the highlights show later in the day but I'm bound to have accidentally found out who has won before I've seen it (as I did with today's women's final) - plus I'm a big Federer fan and am looking forward to watch him eventually overcome Nadal in a thrilling five-setter (I hope!). grin

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 28-Jan-17 20:15:14

I think I did that once Bette and swore I'd never do it again. Unfortunately, I can't remember why I swore that, and I'm not brave enough to do it again! If you do it, will you feed back?

Bette85 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:26:15

That doesn't sound good. sad I'm guessing maybe the website couldn't cope with the number of people trying to watch it at the same time?

Waltons Sat 28-Jan-17 21:21:13

Someone on MN once posted a link to cricfree.net It worked for me to watch the US Open last year, but please be VERY, VERY careful what you click on when accessing it.

I don't think it is toxic, but it isn't entirely safe either.

Surf at your own risk!

Bette85 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:41:39

Yes, Eurosport online is a bit crap - Just missed seeing [a certain player] win the third set because it stopped working (for the third time) at the crucial moment. It better not do this at matchpoint. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now