Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask your advice on my handbag?

(13 Posts)
ItsThatBeverleyMacca Sat 28-Jan-17 17:53:29

Posting here for a bit more traffic, it's not a very exciting AIBU! My navy winter coat has transferred some of the colour on my pale grey handbag as I've been wearing it, is there a way of removing the dye without damaging the leather? I've only tried baby wipes (no luck) so any other suggestions gratefully received!

user1477282676 Sun 29-Jan-17 06:51:42

www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Clean-Magic-Eraser-Duo/dp/B00CRE9ODQ?tag=mumsnetforum-21
Mr Clean Magic Erasers do it apparently.

sansbatt13 Sun 29-Jan-17 08:43:59

I've used this company - brilliant results. Good luck.

thehandbagspa.com/before-and-after

Screwinthetuna Sun 29-Jan-17 08:44:46

Nail polish remover?

sansbatt13 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:04:23

Forget to mention this product as well, which Was recommended by a friend that has used it for years.

www.saddler.co.uk/shop.html?cr=1487&pr=1369&pdesc=connolly_hide_food_for_leather

BelladiNotte Sun 29-Jan-17 09:09:03

Are we friends, sans batt? I've used the Connolly stuff too. AND I buy it from the saddler place too grin

Katymac Sun 29-Jan-17 09:19:47

sorry itsthat may i hijack?

My mum has a hand bag where the colour comes off in the rain/when damp - does anyone know what would stablise it

pasturesgreen Sun 29-Jan-17 09:35:23

I second The Handbag Spa, OP.

Please, please, please do not use nail polish remover as it'll only do further damage!

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Sun 29-Jan-17 22:00:20

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! My mum actually lives really close to where the Handbag Spa is based so I might try a magic eraser gently, and then get her to drop it in there if that doesn't work. It started off as my posh bag and now I just shove toddler snacks etc in willy nilly so it could do with some TLC!

pictish Sun 29-Jan-17 22:02:24

Might sound mad, but try rubbing it with a slice of white bread.

FoolsandWorthlessLiars Sun 29-Jan-17 22:03:24

I used anti bac hand gel on a white leather handbag. It took the dye off from my jeans and my bag was fine.
I've now got a grey and black handbag as I was a nightmare with the light one !!

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Mon 30-Jan-17 20:52:14

I have both of those things in the house! I'll give those a go in the morning, the dye is also on the detachable strap so I can find a teeny bit to test stuff on.

Robstersgirl Mon 30-Jan-17 20:56:26

I'd say anti bac hand gel too. Works wonders on getting pen and ink out of leather and fabric.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now