Talk

Advanced search

To ask where Bing's patents are?(lighthearted)

(48 Posts)
Cutesbabasmummy Sat 28-Jan-17 17:23:59

I wouldn't ask but one of the books is called "A Present for Daddy"!

SmileEachDay Sat 28-Jan-17 17:40:35

I didn't know he'd invented anything...wink

Willialwaysbelookeddownon Sat 28-Jan-17 17:42:12

Is Flop not Bing's dad?!

Mottlemoth Sat 28-Jan-17 17:45:30

My personal theory is that there has been some sort of global alien apocalypse that has wiped out all the adults in Bingland. All children therefore have to be cared for by said aliens (Flop etc) who, though they seem benign, clearly could go fucking postal at any time. It's not possible for them to be that calm all the time. There is menace behind that smile.

dingdongdigeridoo Sat 28-Jan-17 17:47:03

If my son was as annoying as Bing I'd stick him with a nanny all day too. Flop is a saint.

bloodymaria Sat 28-Jan-17 17:47:16

Bing is a little gobshite, his parents have a lot to answer for wherever the fuck they are.

WashBasketsAreUs Sat 28-Jan-17 18:28:22

Don't get me started on Pando! He takes his shorts off EVERY TIME at the beginning, and his little green helper, instead of saying "put your shorts on you stupid bugger", just picks them up and folds them up! He's an enabler and should be shot. My grandson loves that bit at the beginning and I've taught him to yell at the tv to say "put your shorts on, Pando, buck your ideas up! ". Evil grandma job-done! X

SuffolkBumkin Sat 28-Jan-17 18:30:12

There was a poster here who's DH was a part of the production/writing team for Bing.

Servicesupportforall Sat 28-Jan-17 18:31:10

I know watch this with my grandson and am puzzled too.

Is he a cm/nanny and what about soulas carer?

Bing the bloody brat too.

dontstopmovin Sat 28-Jan-17 18:37:32

I've always wondered why the adults (flop etc) are smaller then the kids, it's like some kind of weird Benjamin Button situation?!

ollieplimsoles Sat 28-Jan-17 18:47:17

One of the best bing theories I ever read on here was along the lines of; all the 'children' (because we only ever see bing, sula, coco, pando and Charlie) were in fact created by the government as sentient weapons of mass destruction, to be deployed when they got older. Padget, flop et al are all highly trained special agents entrusted with their care till their deployment. That's why the carers are always so calm, its vital none of the weapons loads their shit.

Either that or Flop and the other sock people did away with all the 'adult' creatures oppressing them and the children have been taken and raised like the puppies Napoleon takes away and raises to do his bidding in Animal Farm.

toomuchtooold Sat 28-Jan-17 18:47:57

Pando is the Tony Welch of Bing. Every fucking time he's involved something goes wrong. You can't hold it against him as he's a kid but if your kid invited him to their birthday party you'd be like oh christ no what's he going to break this time.

I always assumed that Flop was Bing's dad but that he was small because from the kids' viewpoint the other kids are big and interesting and the parents are small and bland and fade into the background.

Am I the only person who thinks that Flop sometimes goes into the kitchen and grabs the sink and goes "aaargh. Aaaaaargh. It's a burst balloon. I told you it'd burst, and you kept humping it, and it burst. Get the fuck over it" and then takes a deep breath and comes back in with the bye bye box, silently counting the minutes till bedtime?

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Sat 28-Jan-17 18:50:44

Don't get me started on Pando! He takes his shorts off EVERY TIME at the beginning, and his little green helper, instead of saying "put your shorts on you stupid bugger", just picks them up and folds them up!

This bit always irrationality annoys me, im glad im not the only one grin

Famalam13 Sat 28-Jan-17 18:56:34

Also why is a rabbit the same size as an elephant?! And why can the cat not speak? Horrific hierarchy of animals going on.

WashBasketsAreUs Sat 28-Jan-17 20:20:53

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat- my grandson gets so excited about watching this bit he practically quivers with delight waiting for Pando to take his shorts off. If I'm out the room I've got about 5 seconds to get back to him so we can shout at Pando together. I would like to teach him to say 'For fuck's sake Pando!' but I fear it would give his mother the vapours! Nursery might not be impressed either.

CaveMum Sat 28-Jan-17 20:27:36

My favourite theory on Bing (courtesy of another MNer) is that all the Flop/Amma/Jilly characters are actually damned souls and Bingland is a division of Hell. The souls are damned to look after annoying toddlers for all eternity without reacting to their bad behaviour.

Misovexed Sat 28-Jan-17 20:30:35

Hello
DH has written eps of Bing. I asked him and he says there is no answer to the question 'where are Bings parents.'
Flop is his carer and represents the best 'us' (i.e. all of us carers; parents, CMs, sitters, grandparents etc. on our best days).

Fun fact Bing watchers: have you noticed Flop never tells Bing what to do?

Hope that is coherent. DH cooking and I'm ailing and drinking wine and tellling the children to go to bed (flop fail). Cheers!

dontstopmovin Sat 28-Jan-17 21:04:06

Wow Misovexed I'm star struck by your DH, that's awesome! Please can you ask him why all the adults are smaller than the kids, it bugs me daily! confused

Misovexed Sat 28-Jan-17 21:14:19

He's in the cellar but I'll hazard it's cos the children are the focus of the drama - and poss reflects the toddlers rather ego-centric view of the world.

hoopdeloop Sat 28-Jan-17 21:22:15

This drives my DH mad as well, he hates Bing with a passion unlike my almost 3 year old!

I always though there were no parents because not everybody has a mum and dad. There's never a mention of anyone else having a parent so it's then not a big deal.

However I do want to correct his speech quite a lot teachersneakingout

Misovexed Sat 28-Jan-17 21:29:02

DH says 'all adults hate the toddlers in Bing but they're missing the point'. I don't feel well enough to unpack that one right now. I suppose the point is it's for the children not the adults.

Misovexed Sat 28-Jan-17 21:30:48

That speech is very carefully crafted hoopdeloop grin.

NickyEds Sat 28-Jan-17 21:40:34

"Round the corner not far away Flop really loses his shit today...." Flop sat on the doorstep bottle necking whiskey. Padgit leaves house next door screaming "BECAUSE I SAID SO" at Pando. She's had enough too.

Go on Miso get your dh to do one for the adults!

fabulous01 Sat 28-Jan-17 21:41:56

Omg! Bing writer.
Both mine love bing to the extent at night if they wake up they say bing!
Moaning wee monkey but supposedly peppa pig is awful so I have that ahead lol

But I do love the dog episode. It was on 3 times today lol

bookwormnerd Sat 28-Jan-17 21:44:39

I think the bing characters are sweet and I recognise alot of traits from toddlers I have looked after as well as my children. They are very real. We adore bing in this house. Its so much better than most of the mindless rubish on tv. It always gives my two year old the biggest smile and what my five year old always goes back to when she feels sick. I like how it shows working out things from a toddler point of view and talks to them on their level. Its brilliant Flop, Alma and Paget dont tell but allow the toddlers to learn for themselves and work out issues with just guidence. I strive to be as calm as Flop. Misovexed your husband is a genious and obvliosly understands toddler phycology. I assumed the speech was to actually emulate a toddlers rather than an adult

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now