Talk

Advanced search

they stole our fucking booze!

(2 Posts)
Therootofallstuff Sat 28-Jan-17 17:14:09

I've recently returned from a wedding abroad. My boss's to be precise.
As a gesture to those who shelled out quite a lot to attend, he paid for our accommodation in a villa style private apartment. He is a great boss and very generous.

There were 10 of us in total staying, 5 couples, 5 rooms. 3 couples arrived 2 nights before whereas my DP and I/other couple arrived the night before the wedding.

2 of the couples were out when we arrived and we were greeted by the remaining couple (who had arrived the day before). They showed us where everything was and then the wife of my colleague said "oh, and there's a bottle of the most gorgeous Cognac and fruit in each room that X (boss) has left as a welcome gift".

Well, we looked high and low but there was nothing to be found in either of the rooms! Colleague's wife went red and mumbled something about "oh, maybe I was mistaken".

So it turns out that the other two couples had nicked our Cognac and fruit the night before when they ran out of their own booze late at night.

The night we left, one of them sheepishly handed us a bottle of really cheap and nasty paint stripper plus some manky looking grapes to "replace" what they'd taken.

A week later I'm still so pissed off!

As far as I know, our boss doesn't know and obviously I'm not going to tell him! I know that he would have wanted the wedding to be perfect (it was!) and for everyone to have had a lovely time.

So, AIBU to nick the chocolate and snacks of the 2 colleagues responsible and brazenly eat them for the next week?

SirMixALot Sat 28-Jan-17 17:20:36

YADNBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now