Talk

Advanced search

My mid life crisis?

(8 Posts)
user1483390742 Sat 28-Jan-17 00:01:13

Help!
I am 47, have just booked in for a tattoo and have bought 2 band t-shirts (Cocteau Twins and Joy Division)!
Is this the female equivalent of the middle aged man going for a sports car and a younger woman??
I am happily married, 3 kids and in need of some reassurance!!
What is happening to me??!!

missbishi Sat 28-Jan-17 00:50:11

Nothing wrong with band t-shirts at any age, as long as you can do the three song rule!

KC225 Sat 28-Jan-17 01:07:11

At 47 those are appropriate band t.shirts.as you were there and could name tracks. Tattoos - I am a bit 'meh' as I think they are a bit naff nowadays. Instead of tattoos what about edgy hair cut/colour or both.

bellabelly Sat 28-Jan-17 01:17:53

What tattoo have you gone for? Am too chicken to have a tattoo but know I'll always slightly regret not having one...

fuckingwall Sat 28-Jan-17 01:23:56

Why would you regret not having a tattoo - is there an age limit? (genuine question!)

UnbornMortificado Sat 28-Jan-17 01:42:59

Fucking I don't think so but when people get to a certain age the skin gets thinner and can damage easy.

Certain medicines (like warfarin) can cause none stop bleeding. I can't imagine being able to get one in those circumstances.

(I work with the elderly and I'm not even allowed long nails incase I damage anyone's skin)

fuckingwall Sat 28-Jan-17 01:46:24

That makes sense. I'd like a tattoo but I can't decide on anything I like enough to make permanent. Maybe I'll have a tattoo of a bag of revels!

UnbornMortificado Sat 28-Jan-17 02:04:21

Fucking at least that's original grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now