Talk

Advanced search

To think rubbing someone's bare feet is an intimate act?

(51 Posts)
isntithardenough Fri 27-Jan-17 22:24:23

Don't want to go into too many details but I was asked to do this for somebody today hmm

Isn't this quite an intimate thing to do? Not necessarily sexual but not something you'd do to someone you didn't know well?

PaddlingFuriously Fri 27-Jan-17 22:25:06

Have you been watching Pulp Fiction?

TheElephantofSurprise Fri 27-Jan-17 22:26:03

I've done a lot of rubbing of feet. It can be intimate, or just a kindness. It is something I would volunteer. If someone asked, I'd think they were cheeky, unless I'd done that for them before.

Oh, rubbing feet when they're cold, that's normal, a thing you do for your children and could easily do for a friend. Today was a hard day for feet.

isntithardenough Fri 27-Jan-17 22:26:16

I've never seen it, sorry, so that post has gone over my head.

Ilovecaindingle Fri 27-Jan-17 22:26:41

I wouldn't rub ANYONES feet however well I knew them!! My ds and dh will rub mine but wouldn't expect or want anyone other than them to see my feet never mind touch them!!

DorisMcSweeney Fri 27-Jan-17 22:30:43

Vincent: It's layin' your hands in a familiar way on Marsellus' new wife. I mean, is it as bad as eatin' her pussy out? No, but it's the same fuckin' ballpark.
Jules: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop right there. Eating a bitch out and giving a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same fucking thing.
Vincent: It's not. It's the same ballpark.
Jules: Ain't no fucking ballpark neither. Now, look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touching his wife's feet and sticking your tongue in the holiest of holies ain't the same fucking ballpark. It ain't the same league. It ain't even the same fucking sport. Look, foot massages don't mean shit.

BarbarianMum Fri 27-Jan-17 22:32:45

This is something that varies hugely depending on culture. Are you talking British people in the UK?

VeryBitchyRestingFace Fri 27-Jan-17 22:55:30

Yes, I saw a couple doing it on a train once and I didn't know where to look.

Dry humping on trains I can take, but bare feet massage was a bit out there. confused

U2HasTheEdge Fri 27-Jan-17 22:57:48

Only my husband gets to touch my feet.

I touch no ones over the age of 10 if I can help it. Although I do regularly have to do it at work with gloves on.

fruitandbarley Fri 27-Jan-17 23:12:01

I once did massages for people at work for children in need. ( they had option of feet, hands or shoulders). At the time due to work merger I'd known some of them less than a month. Can be intimate but definitely depends on the circumstances.

ChocoChou Sat 28-Jan-17 00:56:35

Doris was that from memory? Please tell me that was from memory grin

I think we need more context, OP.

Mrsmadevans Sat 28-Jan-17 02:08:56

Amazing recollection Doris!
I am a nurse and it doesnt mean a thing to me, I have seen and felt and washed, massaged etc the worst feet going and it dont bother me at all ! Each to his own but Nah not intimate at all .....

kali110 Sat 28-Jan-17 02:19:04

no?
It can be an intimate act between a couple, but like all things it doesn't mean it's purely an intimate act.
What do you you think happens when you go for a massage?
Unless all the therapists are getting very intimate with their clients grin

tnemailrap Sat 28-Jan-17 02:28:01

It entirely depends on the circumstances. I hate having my feet touched or touching others. For me it would be torture.

I had a massage last weekend. 95% of my body was oiled and rubbed. I don't know if I'd call it intimate. It would have been if DH had done it.

BewtySkoolDropowt Sat 28-Jan-17 07:05:57

It's intimate in the sense that two people are in very close proximity.

But its odd to think of it in those terms, and it certainly isn't intimate in a sexy/dodgy way unless the people involved make it so.

I'd love to know your thoughts on reflexologists - they touch feet for a job.

WilburIsSomePig Sat 28-Jan-17 07:21:33

I couldn't even if you paid me a squillion pounds. The only feet I will ever touch are my DC's.

KateDaniels2 Sat 28-Jan-17 07:24:39

It totally depends. Dh rubbed mine last night. Nothing intimate about it. My feet were killing. He gave them a rub, that was it.

DebbieDownersGiveItARest Sat 28-Jan-17 19:36:23

interesting, I always think in scenarios like this - if it was summer, and you were sat with bare feet up - would you be happy with FIl causally giving your foot a massage. For me, No.

KurriKurri Sat 28-Jan-17 19:42:32

It's not something would do for a stranger (unless it was my job) I used to rub my dad's feet for him when he was very old. It seemed to calm him, and warmed his feet up - he wasn't mobile. I also rub my sisters feet as they get painful and also she gets very stressed - I think it's a nice thing to be able to do for people you love, but not for all and sundry. I'd do it for a friend - I have no problem with touching feet though.
My mother would hate it if any one touched her feet.

Mum2jenny Sat 28-Jan-17 19:45:44

I do not like feet, any feet. The only feet I'd touch would be my dcs ones. Do not even like touching my dh's ones.

CaptainHarville Sat 28-Jan-17 19:56:59

I'm going to get DH to read this thread. I hate feet can't touch his at all. I can cope with my children's though as small children's feet are cute. DH insists I'm odd turns out there are loads of women who hate feet too!

I'm happy to pay for a foot massage or have DH massage my feet but would never let anyone else like a friend or my mum near them.

Foggymist Sat 28-Jan-17 20:03:11

I would never rub anyone's feet other than my own child and only while they're chubby and adorable. Urgghhh

GrumpyOldBag Sat 28-Jan-17 20:05:20

I like to get DH to give me a foot massage when we watch TV. My feet get quite cold.
Can't really imagine asking anyone else to do it.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 28-Jan-17 20:07:28

I wouldn't touch anyone's feet, bear or not, unless they were either closely related to me or a very close longstanding friend.

Or if I were a chiropodist. grin

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 28-Jan-17 20:09:35

Bare*

I definitely wouldn't touch a bear's feet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now