Talk

Advanced search

AIBU : eBay related

(9 Posts)
omomom Fri 27-Jan-17 19:39:11

Posting here for traffic. Any help would be really appreciated. Ordered,what were supposed to be Zara shoes. On arrival of the product, it has no bearing or any sign of a Zara product. Messaged the seller to ask why so. She has responded back to say it's a limited edition collection from US. Called both local and the said US store, both confirming it's not.
She is refusing the return and refund both. If I raise a case, I will still have to shell for the postage and loose out on money for no fault of mine. She is clearly lying. Also she is threatening me with raising a complaint on eBay which has further wound me up. What's the best course of action?
Forget the return and just leave a negative feed back or something else?

Had a similar experience where eBay found the case in my favour but the product ( which was misdescribed) couldn't be returned and hence I didn't get the refund.
Who says buyers are the only people scamming...

Soubriquet Fri 27-Jan-17 19:41:57

Just report it to eBay

They usually refund and find favour with the buyer anyway

Ilovecaindingle Fri 27-Jan-17 19:43:18

I would take out a case even if it cost me! Sheer principle and it will discredit her as a seller when you give bad feedback. . That's your justice!!
grin

TheTroutofNoCraic Fri 27-Jan-17 21:11:53

Item not as described, you will have p&p refunded and the seller pays return postage. Happened to me last week.

delilahbucket Fri 27-Jan-17 21:54:35

If you open a case the seller can issue a returns label which they pay for. If they don't issue a label eBay can force the issue, 8 days after the case has been opened.
Could it be that they were from a sample sale? Brand name aside, do you like the shoes?

omomom Fri 27-Jan-17 23:03:38

Thank you al for you valuable inputs.
Delilahbucket: I checked with the stores, it's not their product at all. They even mentioned onetime sale products but it's not a part of that either. Saying that , like you said I find the shoes ok but I am miffed about her response. I might keep the shoes ( saves me the hassle of posting item back) but leave her a negative feedback.

WillWorkForShoes Fri 27-Jan-17 23:11:19

You can try and raise a case with paypal if you paid with them, they are sometimes easier to deal with than eBay. Either way, definitely raise a case. eBay has fantastic forum help pages. Post this there and you will get brilliant advice from seasoned sellers and buyers.

WillWorkForShoes Fri 27-Jan-17 23:12:30

Oh and eBay can see all conversations as long as they are thru eBay messenger so only communicate thru this channel and they will see her for the scammer she is.

WatchingFromTheWings Fri 27-Jan-17 23:23:39

Open a case with eBay. Complain they have sold you fakes. You're pretty much guaranteed to get your money back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now