Talk

Advanced search

To want to thank Google. .?

(4 Posts)
Ilovecaindingle Fri 27-Jan-17 18:11:11

Lots of situations people say don't Google - you won't like the answers, scare yourself silly etc.
Well I am fostering a dog and doing a bloody crap job of passing him on!! (hello doghouse and all advisors - (waves grin) - and others who say just admit defeat!)
Well last night took a call from a potential candidate, asked relevant questions, answered ones I had etc etc. Agreed he would phone today to arrange a meet up (accompanied by dh of course - well aware odd- ball risks etc)
He said I could add him on fb - he works with some men my sil knows so I could get a sort of reference - said I don't have fb so would Google him instead. Just had 'okay' reply.
Anyway the most awful newspaper article came up about his past - think starving a horse to almost death etc. He admitted the offences- fined and banned!! Felt sick. Needless to say he won't be getting Oscar. . . Looking more like doghouse mners are right and I am a 4 dog housed. .
Does Google often come good?

harderandharder2breathe Fri 27-Jan-17 18:15:36

Sounds like your dog had a lucky escape! B

NoFucksImAQueen Fri 27-Jan-17 18:34:29

Wow lucky escape for your foster dog.
I don't know how we coped before the internet to be fair, it makes life so much easier.

UnicornButtplug Fri 27-Jan-17 18:39:20

I Google any men I plan to date. This year I have had one who had just served 10 years for attempted murder, one who was wanted for attaking a woman, one who had done time for armed robbery on a post office, one who had just been released on license after doing time for having a cannabis farm and one who stile a pedal bike and put the teenager in hospital in the process.
I obviously have a type!! I am grateful to Google for all of those near misses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now