Talk

Advanced search

To think bodybuilder food restricters have to chill the hell out

(6 Posts)
Vagabond Fri 27-Jan-17 16:04:43

Went to an insufferably long wedding today. 7 hours in, even before the 'first dance'

Anyway, I had dessert from the buffet. So kill me. As I sat down to enjoy my rare indulgence, female bodybuilder (and seasonal wino) sitting next to me says to me: "how can you enjoy that when you know it will make you so fat?".
Poor girl.... I noticed she only ate broccoli the whole night with few teensy prawns. Oh, and about 2 bottles of red wine.

She has lovely muscles. I hope they give her comfort when she strokes them at night.

DeathStare Fri 27-Jan-17 16:06:55

Reply with how can you enjoy THAT when it makes you so bitchy?

KateDaniels2 Fri 27-Jan-17 16:12:13

They dont have to anything, its upto them. Personally, as i have business in the fitness industry and know loads of body builder, I think some take it some take it to extremes.

I do think they should keep it to themesleves and not comment on others food choices.

Unfortunately its not as easy to say 'take a day off' especially as competition season is starting. But again thats their choice.

SingingInTheRainstorm Fri 27-Jan-17 16:12:13

Each to their own and all that, but it was rude of her, it's rude of anyone, to criticise or comment on what another person is eating.
For all she knew you could be recovering from an ED. Whilst the sentiment is there, id rather have natural curves than great bulging muscles. Curves doesn't have to equal size 20. You can be a size 10 and be undefined.
I think generally people, unless they know each other well, should stick their opinions... OMG you're eating bread/carbs/pasta, you'll get like a whale. Other countries have such foods as staples and are as healthy as anything.
When it comes to treats, as long as it's not a tub of Ben & Jerry's a night, what does it matter. Even if it was, it's wholly your choice to eat how you want. DP or BF can have banter, but it can be gas lighting for people in recovery from ED, so I think people should think more before they speak.
I would have said this is SO much tastier than the brocolli you're nibbling, live a little. See how she liked the comment passed back at her.

GooseFriend Fri 27-Jan-17 16:14:35

Well she should have kept her trap shut. 2 bottles of wine will have had way more calories and sugar than the pudding unless it was bucket sized!

ShowMePotatoSalad Fri 27-Jan-17 16:16:09

God, I hate food warriors. And it's a frigging wedding. I would have just tucked in gratuitously with lots of spoon licking and "mmm, this is SO delicious!" etc etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now