Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wish that the paw patrol pups

(20 Posts)
ISaySteadyOn Fri 27-Jan-17 13:17:39

would, for just one episode, not be good pups? And tell the residents of Adventure Bay to get themselves out of and clean up their own messes? Plus, they're puppies, shouldn't one of them accidentally wee all over Ryder's shoes or something?

I am posting here because DD is home sick today and we have been watching far too much Paw Patrol.

Downstairspoo Fri 27-Jan-17 13:18:00

I like the evil cats!

WeedlesHatOfDisappointment Fri 27-Jan-17 13:21:27

Paw Patrol raises so many questions.
Why are the town people so inept at doing good anything for themselves?
Why is Ryder in charge?
Who funds them?
Why are the pups the only animals in the show that talk (and no one is amazed by this?)

sum1killthepawpatrollers Fri 27-Jan-17 13:45:58

i have dd3 off with chicken pox and this is all shes wanting to watch. think we have seen every episode at least 3 times

Nabootique Fri 27-Jan-17 14:00:52

I want to know where Ryder's parents are. I remember thinking this about Dora, but then they had them in one episode, although they didn't seem phased by their daughter gallivanting around the countryside with only a chimp as a chaperone.

ISaySteadyOn Fri 27-Jan-17 14:13:13

Good question, me too. Are they dead, lost, gallivanting?

ScrumpyBetty Fri 27-Jan-17 14:16:51

And what's with the mayoress who carries around a chicken in her handbag? She's an awful mayor and messes everything up! Maybe the pups should rebel and tell her to grow a backbone and start acting like a proper mayor.

Flowerydems Fri 27-Jan-17 14:18:01

I think it's some sort of institution like shutter island where it's built round the mad old mayor goodway and her best friend chickaletta

Nabootique Fri 27-Jan-17 14:21:26

Also, how many times does Alex have to fuck up and create a situation before someone has a stern word with him? Another one who seems to have no supervision apart from occasional input from his ineffectual grandpa.

Newyearnewbrain Fri 27-Jan-17 14:40:05

Is the chicken the deputy mayor or did I just dream that?

Areyoufree Fri 27-Jan-17 14:41:06

That chicken is a fucking liability.

Newyearnewbrain Fri 27-Jan-17 14:41:41

Does it have access to mayoral budget?

SomethingBorrowed Fri 27-Jan-17 14:47:35

Haha I have huge fans here as well.

It is always the same handful of residents who always get in trouble... And don't get me started on useless Chickoletta!

I love how Marshall always falls down, he is my favourite.

I have to say this show is quite entertaining, compared to the boring adventures of Thomas and his friends...

user1485442361 Fri 27-Jan-17 14:48:42

My Son loves it. I hate their accents and how hyper the whole programme is. I know all the different characters as my Son does on about it all the time. I feel your pain!

Mol1628 Fri 27-Jan-17 14:56:43

Both my sons love it. Even my almost two year old can sing the bloody theme tune.

It always amuses me how when there is an emergency they take ages! They have to get all their phrases and mottos and technology used before they save someone from drowning. Very inefficient.

Rubble is the best one though.

ISaySteadyOn Fri 27-Jan-17 14:57:00

Yes, Chickaletta is the Deputy Mayor. DH thinks she is the one who is really in charge.

I do like Marshall and how his clumsiness doesn't make him any less important to the team. I was a clumsy child and it would really have helped me to see a character like Marshall.

And, aaargh, Nabootique, now I am starting to think Ryder's parents were killed in a tragic accident that left only him and their puppy Chase alive which is why Ryder created the Paw Patrol and why Chase goes on almost all the missions.

OldBooks Fri 27-Jan-17 15:00:15

DD adores PP so I feel your pain! I have further questions:

Where are they that they live by a warm sea but also snowy mountains, and can drive to both desert, jungle and the snowy antarctic?

Who does the R&D on these fancy vehicles?

Are there any real emergency services nearby? If someone robbed a shop would spy Chase be sniffing them out? If there was a huge fire would it just be Marshall and his tardis backpack water tanks to put it out?

What does the show have against eagles?

Why do the male pups always get so scared when Skye is doing a rescue? Fuck off she is just as capable as the rest.

Don't get me started on Mayor Goodway. I hate her so so much. I actually think that Chickaletta deliberately gets into so much trouble as a cry for help.

Also agree why can none of the other 'companion' animals talk despite appearing sentient - I mean Callie, Wally, Chickaletta not the random wildlife they are always rescuing.

I would love to see Ryder cleaning up dog shit, having to keep Skye locked up when she goes on heat, and dealing with chewed up bedding or slippers...

SomethingBorrowed Fri 27-Jan-17 15:00:46

I love when they go down the slide from the lookout, with the voice singing their name "Chase! go go go Marshal! go go go"
I am singing it out loud now (I am alone)

SomethingBorrowed Fri 27-Jan-17 15:02:17

Why do the male pups always get so scared when Skye is doing a rescue? Fuck off she is just as capable as the rest

It is mostly Chase isn't it? I am quite sure he has a crush on Skye (and is not very discreet about it), she doesn't seem to care about him more than the other pups though

Nabootique Fri 27-Jan-17 15:02:53

I think perhaps he's just a trust fund kid and they're off somewhere on their yacht, OP. Explains all the money behind the operation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now