Talk

Advanced search

To absolutely hate myself.

(13 Posts)
sparklefarts Fri 27-Jan-17 13:12:33

I'm a bug fat binge eater and I cannot get to grips with just eating less. What the he'll is wrong with me.

I'm meant to be trying to loae weight and today I've eaten five, yes five, slices of hovis with lots of butter, . Two fried eggs with a toasted bagel and an entire small panettone.

Anyone else struggle with the 'simple' ac T of nit shoving food in your face? blush

sparklefarts Fri 27-Jan-17 13:12:54

Sorry for typos!

LavenderRains Fri 27-Jan-17 13:19:02

Yep me! I had no off switch and would eat constantly. Mostly junk food.
I saw my holiday photos and was so shocked that I knew I had to do something. I also felt tired and sluggish all the time.
I bit the bullet and joined slimming world in October and I've lost 3 stone so far. I reckon I've got 2 more to lose.
The first few days were awful but I love it now. I'm never hungry.
You have my sympathy tho!flowers

FishInAWetSuitAndFlippers Fri 27-Jan-17 13:25:29

I was the same. Then I started using a calorie counting app and recording everything I ate.

It started making me think about choices, when I was peckish I then started choosing a healthy sandwich rather than a chocolate bar that would leave me hungry 2 minutes later.

I never saw it as a diet really, when I diet I automatically crave things I'm not supposed to have.

So far I've lost over a stone.

stevie69 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:26:20

Of course we do; you're not alone. And, no, you shouldn't hate yourself—but I do remember doing that myself.

I made numerous attempts to lose weight and one day—just an ordinary day—I found myself in the right place and the process began. It was a long process, done in stages, but I've shifted 5.5 stones and dropped from a size 20 to a size 8. I have half a stone to do to get rid of the last bit of belly fat. Then I can start bodybuilding.

Keep going, don't give up and soon it'll all come together. It's hard, yes—but you'll get there. Promise smile

S x

hmcAsWas Fri 27-Jan-17 13:32:18

Its bloody hard. I have lost and regained 5 stones about 4 times as an adult. I am currently 1.5 stones overweight (having been as slim as slim can be right up until January 2016 .... 2016 proved to be a year of steady gain) but am now slowly losing again. I don't seem to get satiated by food and have a pretty big appetite. Like FishInAWetSuit, I find recording my food diary online pretty useful and similar to her it prompts me to eat more filling foods with fewer calories when hungry.

sparklefarts Fri 27-Jan-17 13:32:38

Thank you for the replies. Am just do disappointed in myself, just sitting here crying. Which is a time I'd usually reach for the chocolate!

I hate letting myself down. My Oh is so supportive as well I feel like me failing is letting him down - he says he loves me and just wants me to be happy whatever size that is, . But r I feel like he has so much belief that I can do it and is so supportive that he might be disappointed in what a failure I am.

I don't think it helps that I e gone cold turkey on my prozac that I was taking for Pnd! Haha (I don't feel depressed maybe just a but emotionally wobbly!)

TheFilthiestPersonAlive Fri 27-Jan-17 13:32:43

I know what you mean. I think it's the carbs - if I start eating bread I literally can't stop, and I'm starving an hour later.

I've given up sugar this week, including carbs. So far so good. Hoping for a long term change.

livefornaps Fri 27-Jan-17 13:37:07

Ah, Stevie, you sound lovely!!

Op, we've all been there. The danger is that you just think, "well, that's fucked it" and then continue to binge. Then you feel ashamed...then you eat some more to escape the feeling of shame, which brings more shame...a vicious cycle! People with drug & alcohol problems suffer the same.

Instead of thinking of changing your diet in terms of restricting yourself - think of it as loving yourself! When we love ourselves, we treat ourselves with care in the way we deserve. We all know we deserve better than filling our bodies full of crap. That's not showing ourselves love. Why not focus on preparing yourself a really nice healthy meal later. Take the time to really enjoy it. Tell yourself you deserve it - and that you will always deserve better than horrible processed crap! Concentrate on how much better you feel on the inside, rather than the outside. The rest should just fall into place.

LavenderRains Fri 27-Jan-17 13:39:12

I felt the same. I hated myself and felt a complete failure.
Now I feel as though I'm in control and people are noticing my weight loss which is nice.
I need to go and pay to be weighed otherwise I would cheat. And I write everything down which helps.
Don't hate yourself, you sound lovely.

pallasathena Fri 27-Jan-17 14:13:39

I find challenging myself really works. I don't count calories or adhere to any regime or diet but I do visualise myself in a new dress or pair of jeans and think about how much more energy I'd have once I'd lost the weight.
I always put on a stone over the winter and have to shed it by summer or each year, another stone would pile on.
Consciously cutting out sugar, milk, and potatoes, limiting my bread intake too usually does the trick and never touching cake or crisps. If I start in March, by June/July I'm back to normal.

thefudgeling Fri 27-Jan-17 14:28:55

Sorry, not trying to derail, but have you checked with a GP about stopping the Prozac?

blankmind Fri 27-Jan-17 15:08:35

Not having the temptation to hand helps.
I find having no temptation starts a panic-inducing craving, whereas having a little gives me the choice to say No, not today, but if I want it tomorrow it's there and that's okay grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now