Advanced search

My child's passport

(18 Posts)
TraceyBloom1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:22:52

My ex partner has asked for my child's passport claiming it's for sponsoring a visa for his new wife who is foreign. Is this legit?

FannyFifer Fri 27-Jan-17 12:24:26


MummyPigLovesAppleSauce Fri 27-Jan-17 12:24:27

I'd just take a picture and send it to him. Not sure if it's legit but I'd rather keep the passport, just in case. A photo will give him all the details he needs

watchoutformybutt Fri 27-Jan-17 12:24:40

I wouldn't hand it over. All sounds odd.

user1477282676 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:25:30

No. Don't do it. Or at least ask him for a letter or email printout of the authority which has asked for this.

Sirzy Fri 27-Jan-17 12:25:51

Tell him to give you the form and that you will fill it in

sirfredfredgeorge Fri 27-Jan-17 12:26:32

This is the form:

And yes it asks for childrens details, you can just supply the information on that form.

user1477282676 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:28:01

George but it might not be that form...the authority could simply want additional proof and why the heck should OP have to do that!?

No. OP just ask him for proof of the request.

ChicRock Fri 27-Jan-17 12:29:14

Ask him what exact information he needs from the passport and provide him with that info.

sirfredfredgeorge Fri 27-Jan-17 12:34:30

user..... because its his child, and it's perfectly reasonable to request the details, indeed it's perfectly reasonable for him to have them.

Handing passports around isn't sensible for lots of reasons, so providing the details, I wast mostly pointing to the form to show that the request is entirely legitimate, and the childs details are required for a spousal visa.

TraceyBloom1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:37:55

Thank you. I've been trying to look through the .gov sites on visas and none speak of partners children's details. I will ask for the evidence to prove what he needs it.

SoupDragon Fri 27-Jan-17 12:38:01

my child's passport

Is it his child too?

user1477282676 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:43:17

George yes but she shouldn;t be filling in forms for him.

TraceyBloom1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:45:27

Yes. But not the applicants. All the info related to visa applicants and sponsors require the applicants children's details. This in my opinion is n/a as she has no children. The sponsor is not asked to produce such details which is what I'm asking the question

SoupDragon Fri 27-Jan-17 14:03:07

The way you referred to the child as "my child" implied that it isn't his.

nocake Fri 27-Jan-17 14:25:34

The form you fill in if you're sponsoring a visa application doesn't require children's details and the form his new wife has to fill in required details of her children, not his.

TraceyBloom1983 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:37:36

Yes the child is mine and his not his new wife's. He's the sponsor of his new wife's application

LemonyFresh Sun 29-Jan-17 18:17:54

If his child is a British citizen they wouldn't need a copy for a U.K. Spouse visa.

Unless he is trying to get a visa under EU treaty rights to do the SS route in another country. Would he have difficulty in getting a spouse visa? For example for financial reasons, or if his new wife can't speak English well?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: