Talk

Advanced search

To pick a school because of their school blazer?

(14 Posts)
volviccc Fri 27-Jan-17 12:12:53

DS will be starting at a prep school with the fees paid for by his dad. I pay uniform, extras, etc. (We are not together)...

He will pay for DD to start 2 years after. There are 2 schools that we can't pick between, one has a male/female blazer and the other school has a unisex one.

WIBU to just pick the school with unisex blazer, so DD can have it? The schools are parallel ATM and I just can't decide.

kitXi Fri 27-Jan-17 12:16:11

Well if that's the only thing separating the two schools I don't see why not. It's not as though you haven't done any research and are solely choosing based on the blazer!

blue2014 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:18:18

Also (and I'm reading too much into this!) I like the equality message of the unisex blazer smile

NotThrowAwayMyShot Fri 27-Jan-17 12:18:28

You really need to think which school you prefer.

And whilst different Blazers may seem silly for your reception aged child bybthectime your daughter hits year 5/6 & starts to develop you may find that the cut of the girls blazers suits her more.

NotThrowAwayMyShot Fri 27-Jan-17 12:19:58

Dd goes to a school with unisex Blazers & hates how it makes her feel frumpy. Ds's school has different Blazers for girls which are loose & fitted in places that suit the developing female figure better b

volviccc Fri 27-Jan-17 12:21:29

Ah, different views!

Sirzy Fri 27-Jan-17 12:21:34

If that is genuinely the only difference then that's fine. Picking solely on the blazer would be wrong!

I assume you have considered which schools they feed onto?

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 27-Jan-17 12:23:15

DS's academy has a girls and boys blazer. The boys one has purple lining. The girls has pink lining. No other differences at all. I'm so glad I don't have a daughter.

volviccc Fri 27-Jan-17 12:24:20

Sirzy how do I actually do that? I have tried!

Just looked and the male/female blazers are £32 cheaper than the unisex one! shockshock

LittleMissPrefect Fri 27-Jan-17 12:27:47

Yes volviccc, you are being unreasonable. You owe it to your children to research both schools in order to arrive at an informed decision. If it were me, I would also want to know what parents had to say about the respective schools.

volviccc Fri 27-Jan-17 12:38:59

Little you honestly think I haven't researched both schools?shock I have attended both open days and had a private tour... Looked at their report, etc.

LittleMissPrefect Fri 27-Jan-17 12:56:47

volviccc, it cannot depend on the flip of coin, which is essentially what you're talking about. Have you spoken to parents? Did you manage to get some inside gossip?

NotThrowAwayMyShot Fri 27-Jan-17 13:05:48

Sometimes it has to come down to gut feeling. And uniform can be a part of that. Depends whether you feel that certain aspects of a uniform policy are petty & more for show than anything or whether you think it indicates a firm policy & upholding standards for example.

Nataleejah Fri 27-Jan-17 23:19:35

This belongs under "first world problems" grin YABU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now