Talk

Advanced search

To asks for a bit of sympathy from the vipers

(14 Posts)
Ledkr Fri 27-Jan-17 08:47:08

I had a horrible cold at Christmas, crap Christmas too with freezer breaking down, dd has been bullied to the point of having to be off school with anxiety, both girls have birthdays this week so two parties to plan and stuff to buy. Dh is ace but works shifts. I've now had another cold for a week and have been awake since 3 hacking and in laws arrive later for dds birthday party tomorrow.
I can honestly see how people just "disappear" right now that's very tempting.

Gaaaah Fri 27-Jan-17 08:51:29

flowers

MN mantra "This too shall pass. This too shall pass."

MrsEvadneCake Fri 27-Jan-17 08:53:14

Ledkr sometimes it feels like the world needs to go and kick someone else for a while doesn't it? Have some cakebrewflowers from me and I really hope things start being a bit less annoying.

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Fri 27-Jan-17 09:00:13

🐍wine

ohtheholidays Fri 27-Jan-17 09:01:15

Bloody hell Ledkr you've been having a shit time!

Is there any way your DH can take a day or two off work,so you can dose yourself up and go back to bed to get some proper rest?
If he can't would your PIL's help out at all?
It sounds like your bodies not had enough time to rest properly since Christmas.

I'm sorry about your poor DD,the schools are supposed to be getting better now when it comes to dealing with bullying but sadly it seems like lots of them are really failing lots of the children they're supposed to be looking after.

We had the same with one of our DD's,so we took her out of school for a week,we made an appointment with the Head,her Tutor and her years support worker(she's a school nurse but she's also a mentor for our DD's year)and we told them what we expected them to do and by when and we told them if they didn't we'd go above they're heads and that we'd be involving the police as well,it worked!

I don't think they'd had parents go in there before and put pressure on them like we did,other parents have done the same since and it's worked for them as well,the school now has a closer relationship with the local Police force which seems to have had a knock on effect on bullying through out the school.

I hope your DD's enjoy they're birthdays and they're partys and that you start feeling better soon flowers

TanteRose Fri 27-Jan-17 09:05:02

hope you feel better soon, Ledkr - here is a glass of medicinal wine

Get DH and his parents to help out as much as possible for the weekend parties etc.

Bullying is grim - hope you get that sorted, happy birthday to your girls! flowers

Crumbs1 Fri 27-Jan-17 09:08:49

I'm going to be really hard and say stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a grip. In the scale of things not that awful.

Blizy Fri 27-Jan-17 09:21:39

Oh that's crap Ledkr, sorry to hear all of this. Hope you feel better soon. wineflowers

SellFridges Fri 27-Jan-17 10:16:44

Oh ledkr. That's pants. I remember you from an ante-natal board when we waited for our DD's to arrive.

I'm stuck at home with a not quite two year old with chicken Pox, as well as having a nasty bout of tonsillitis myself. And I'm waiting for someone to call to say my house purchase is falling through. Again.

I feel your pain and lend you a slightly diseased hand to hold.

Ledkr Fri 27-Jan-17 11:51:11

Thank you lovely serpents 😂😜 immjust about to attempt to nap, I've had a trip to the chemist for drugs confused - woozy face

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 27-Jan-17 11:52:37

your inlaws are coming?
great make a list of what needs doing and let them pitch in.

Katy07 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:55:30

Well I'd quote from another thread that you should 'just suck it up' but nah, sod that. Get the inlaws to help - send them out with a shopping list if necessary. Dose yourself up, keep warm and sleep when you can.

DramaAlpaca Fri 27-Jan-17 11:55:36

Poor you, it's rubbish when everything happens at once isn't it?

brew for you, and a virtual bunch of flowers to cheer you up.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

DonkeyOaty Fri 27-Jan-17 11:56:43

That woozy melty face feeling envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now