Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have just followed Trump on twitter?

(20 Posts)
ladyjadey Thu 26-Jan-17 23:37:27

So I know what the bastard is up to as soon as the sparks fly through his tiny little mind/have adequate time to say my goodbyes to sanity, hope and life as we know it?

I know there are other Trump threads here. Aibu to follow him on twitter because I find him a threat, at the risk of making him think I am a fan??

CauliflowerSqueeze Thu 26-Jan-17 23:38:57

Doesn't really matter. He's so self obsessed I doubt he even looks at who follows him.

sooperdooper Thu 26-Jan-17 23:40:25

I follow him too, I can't stead him but he tweets stuff that comes up in the news so regularly I wanted to see for myself

CauliflowerSqueeze Thu 26-Jan-17 23:42:33

Every tweet is a diplomatic nightmare. It's so shocking. He acts like a drunken 13 year old.

SingingInTheRainstorm Thu 26-Jan-17 23:43:21

For entertainment purposes alone and to keep up with current affairs I think it's quite a bold thing to do. He's president after all, no matter how much of a laughing stock he is. I might join you.

MuteButtonisOn Thu 26-Jan-17 23:47:42

You're welcome youtu.be/gneBUA39mnI

Butterymuffin Thu 26-Jan-17 23:47:46

As long as you also follow the half an onion in a bag account that aims to get more followers than Trump.

ladyjadey Thu 26-Jan-17 23:53:34

What's the handle for the onion? I will get on it pronto!

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 27-Jan-17 00:00:03

See, I check in and read the utter bollocks that her posts but I'd never follow him. He is such an deluded, egotistical sod, he probably believes that everyone who follows him are people who support him. I wouldn't want to contribute to that.

ladyjadey Fri 27-Jan-17 00:09:29

I kind of agree, however I want to know when he insults someone with nukes so I can hide. And I can't help but draw orwellian parallels with what's going on, such as the removal of any mention of climate change from the white house website, it's all a bit Eurasia/eastasia and scary as hell

Mirador Fri 27-Jan-17 00:14:07

MuteButtonisOn
I watched that earlier and it's hilarious. grin
I have a sneaky feeling that some of it isn't a 'Bad' lipreading.

GinIsIn Fri 27-Jan-17 00:18:57

Make sure you follow @RogueNasa @AltUSEPA @AltNatParkSer too - they are doing sterling work!

DJBaggySmalls Fri 27-Jan-17 00:27:38

scary as hell
You would say 'doubleplus ungood' except that would be treason.

ladyjadey Fri 27-Jan-17 00:29:32

grin Now let's all stand quietly and look like we're doing as we're told

SouthWindsWesterly Fri 27-Jan-17 06:43:16

Don't forget roguspotusstaff

Eatingcheeseontoast Fri 27-Jan-17 08:26:56

I've been following him for a while, assuming he'd stop once he was president....nope.

TechnicallyRon on Twitter is suggesting it is renamed 'what's he done now?'.

I also follow half an onion to balance it out.

Maybe if everyone who is following him who doesn't support him stopped that would send a message....but that would be FAKE.

Butterymuffin Sat 28-Jan-17 01:44:41

@HalfOnionInABag is the handle. Everybody follow!

fuckingwall Sat 28-Jan-17 01:48:37

I check it every day. It's like an episode of black mirror in real time.

amispartacus Sat 28-Jan-17 07:45:09

Followers does not equal support - maybe Twitter should rename the word 'follower' to 'audience'.

It's one of the dilemmas of our time. Prominent people, commentators who use twitter to say stuff.

That stuff can be ignored - but there are people who reply, comment and who retweet who lap it up.

OR

That stuff can be challenged. It's amazing how you can just throw some cognitive dissonance in there by stating a few different facts and asking some awkward questions. All too often, you get abuse back but you also get a lot of people agreeing with you.

If you ignore it, it won't go away. It just allows opinions to reverberate in an echo chamber

Julia2016 Sat 28-Jan-17 08:46:43

I really thought they'd take his twitter account off of him!

He lives in a parallel universe to reality, really shocking he has gotten so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now