Talk

Advanced search

Nasty surprise in bath - AIBU to see it and run?

(13 Posts)
KnackeredHag Thu 26-Jan-17 20:28:55

I'll try and keep it short, first time posting!
Tonight I'm heading out for a meal with friends. My youngest DS (1) was in the bath and DH was playing peekaboo with him so I thought I'd nip in the shower and get ready. They started howling with laughter due to some rather loud trumps from my DS and I thought nothing more of it. DH gets him out and ready for bed, I get ready to go out. Just went to do my teeth and realised bath water hasn't been let out. I pull the plug, do teeth and turn round to see the most almighty poo clinging to the side of the bath, the child has clearly trumped a little too hard and followed through. I'm running late and DH has form for never taking plug put of any bath - AIBU to pretend I didn't see it (was clearly lurking below bubbles) and go out?

Floggingmolly Thu 26-Jan-17 20:30:26

In the time you've taken to post this...

Mrsfrumble Thu 26-Jan-17 20:31:43

I think it's fine to mention it to your DH on the way out, and explain that you don't have time to deal with it so he will have to. Perfectly reasonable, since he was in charge if bath time anyway.

Banana25 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:32:39

Oh just pick up the bloody poo grin or you'll forget about it and step in it tomorrow morning when you go to have a shower.

TamyQlass Thu 26-Jan-17 20:59:52

Just do it, you get a halo for being the night shite shifter or day dung dumper (depending on what time) and let DH know that the next accident, piddle or crap will be his turn. You could have dealt with half a dozen turds in the time it took to write.

BareBum Thu 26-Jan-17 22:02:30

I could do loads of gross stuff in the time it takes to write on here but I'd rather write on here.

BareBum Thu 26-Jan-17 22:02:40

Run for it.

BareBum Thu 26-Jan-17 22:03:24

🏃‍♀️

FrogFairy Thu 26-Jan-17 22:06:26

This is one occasion where Mumsnetters will NOT be saying "Photo or it didn't happen"

PastysPrincess Thu 26-Jan-17 22:07:26

Ha ha I knew exactly what this post was gonna say. Run 🏃🏻 now!

Mikethenight2good Thu 26-Jan-17 22:09:11

Barebum 😂

KnackeredHag Thu 26-Jan-17 22:49:00

Thanks all. True, I could've cleaned it up rather than typing to ask if I was being gross but I genuinely wondered!

Angelika321 Thu 26-Jan-17 23:14:51

If it was my kid, I would have to bring him back to the bathroom to give his bum a proper clean. So I would have at least let the DH know there was a poo in the tub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now