Talk

Advanced search

To think he should have come home from the pub sooner

(6 Posts)
ethelb Thu 26-Jan-17 19:51:35

I am home sick with norovirus. I was vomiting so violently yesterday I was throwing up blood and in so much pain I couldn't sleep.

I am no longer vomitting and I am keeping fluids down but still feel pretty shit. My 'd' only stopped this afternoon, I am dizzy if I stand up, my joints ache and have been sofa bound all day.

My DH warned me he had work drinks this evening, but promised he would just stay for one so he could come home and look after me.

Two hours after he finished work he texted me saying he was heading home. But, its going to take him over two hours to get home due to the godawful Southeastern train bollox (waves to everyone else affected).

I am feeling extra shit as I am going through a difficult probation period in a new job, compounded by a sudden shocking death in our tiny company (three of us now down to two sad) just last week. Plus the four hours a day I have been forced to commute due to aforementioned SE bollox have all just led to me feeling mentally and physically drained.

His boss has said he can work from home tomorrow due to me being ill and the commuting nightmare he is facing at the moment. But I hope I'll be feeling a bit better by then, need him now, and I'm cross he has gone to the pub for two hours knowing all this is going on.

AIBU?

Crowdblundering Thu 26-Jan-17 19:53:41

If you have kids YANBU if you don't YABU.

You are a grown adult you don't need "looking after" get to bed and sleep it off.

Get well soon.

ToffeeForEveryone Thu 26-Jan-17 19:55:01

YANBU.

Unless it's essential for networking / promotion prospects he should have sacked off the drinks.

Norovirus is awful. When you're that sick you really need help. Hope you feel better soon flowers

blueskyinmarch Thu 26-Jan-17 19:55:53

I would say if you have small children then he needed to get home sooner. If you don't have anyone else to look after then I am not sure what he could do for you realistically. If he was at home he would be much more likely to catch it from you. Surely all you want to do is sleep and I doubt you can eat.

gamerchick Thu 26-Jan-17 19:57:14

I think my answer depends on whether there are littlies in the mix or not. If not I know I just like to be left alone when I'm ill.

But if he promised then he should have come home though.

ethelb Thu 26-Jan-17 19:59:14

No kids no, thank god.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now