Talk

Advanced search

To think you should need a party wall agreement to mount a tv on a shared wall?

(10 Posts)
EatSpamAmandaLamb Thu 26-Jan-17 17:46:58

Our adjoining neighbours have mounted huge TVs on all adjoining walls and the noise is something else. We can hear everything, there is a constant low level (and occasionally higher level and intense) vibration too. They seemingly never turn the TVs off and at least two of them seem to be tuned to an drum and bass music channel. They are lunatics (violent criminals) so I am not about to confront them in any way.

A neighbour in our previous house did this in the front room and the vibrations caused a picture on our wall to wobble! Other people across the country must be dealing with this too, it is maddening.

On the plus side I can cancel our licence fee because we don't need to watch television anymore as we can hear each and every word/gun shot/quiz show buzzer.

Does anyone else think there should be some kind of party wall agreement to attach loud electronics?

ItchyFoot Thu 26-Jan-17 17:48:58

Oh no we have our TV on a shared wall and now I'm paranoid we're disturbing the neighbours! blush

SaorAlbaGuBrath Thu 26-Jan-17 17:49:25

No, because not everyone who has a tv on the wall is a selfish dickhead like your neighbour and it would make life difficult for everyone else. Their behaviour is why the council have anti social behaviour teams.

thecolonelbumminganugget Thu 26-Jan-17 17:50:26

Problem is that people who are inconsiderate bellends would ignore it even if it were a thing. Hell is other people and all that

harderandharder2breathe Thu 26-Jan-17 17:55:43

No because inconsiderate people like your neighbours wouldn't bother following rules anyway and it just makes life harder for everyone else, especially if they don't get on with their neighbours. Refusal could be used as payback for a perfectly legal extension they didn't like or a cat that poos in their garden. Plus there's no way to police it, and disturbances are covered by existing noise rules

PinkSwimGoggles Thu 26-Jan-17 17:57:17

yanbu it should be illegal to sell wall brackets for tvs.

EatSpamAmandaLamb Thu 26-Jan-17 17:58:00

I wasn't being quite serious but really has anyone else suffered this? I feel like am slowly going mad. Out of the 8 of us in this house, 5 of us are almost constantly using earplugs.

There is no point reporting them. Last time we did they put paint stripper another neighbour's car assuming it was them.

PinkSwimGoggles Thu 26-Jan-17 18:03:48

do you know where the screws are?
can you use a drill and screw to push their tv out? <joking obviously>

NoFucksImAQueen Sat 28-Jan-17 15:24:38

There is no point reporting them. Last time we did they put paint stripper another neighbour's car assuming it was them.

shock
Jesus. Did anything come of it? As in did the poor neighbours just have to pay to fix it or did they manage to press charges

TabithaBethia Sat 28-Jan-17 15:31:55

christ alive. I think I would move house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now