Talk

Advanced search

to donate all my old bootcut jeans to the charity shop?

(66 Posts)
GrumpyOldBag Thu 26-Jan-17 12:57:02

will I ever wear them again?

will anyone else want them?

DJBaggySmalls Thu 26-Jan-17 12:58:24

Please do, I buy them and sew them into nearly straight leg jeans smile

Bluntness100 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:59:44

I think they will come back soon, in fact they are on their way, I'd leave it awhile.

GrumpyOldBag Thu 26-Jan-17 13:00:17

Ooh you are clever DJ.

I was keeping them because I thought one day I will make a patchwork bedcover out of them. But i don't think it's going to happen.

GrumpyOldBag Thu 26-Jan-17 13:01:24

Bluntness, but when they come back they will be subtly different in some way from before, No? And I will be instantly marked out as coming from a time warp if I wear them.

TaraCarter Thu 26-Jan-17 13:02:05

Please do! I have been resorting to buying them off ebay. I adore bootcut jeans because they make me look very nearly fabulous and accommodate my lardy muscular calves without falling down around my arse like skinnies and straight legs.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 26-Jan-17 13:03:01

i've been wearing bootcut jeans for the last 20 years, am I missing something? (any other cut looks shit on me)

DJBaggySmalls Thu 26-Jan-17 13:03:06

Pick the oldest pair and have a go! Buy a stitch ripper, turn them inside out and undo the easy seam (not the double seam).
Even if your sewing and hemming is dodgy, when you wear them its not noticable.

Nocabbageinmyeye Thu 26-Jan-17 13:04:33

Huh??? I wore mine yesterday, people wear them all the time, they are still on sale all over the place

DorothyBastard Thu 26-Jan-17 13:05:03

If they're size 16 I'll have them! After 10 years of wearing skinnies I realised last year I look bloody awful in them. I've just brought my second pair of bootcuts and I love them

GrumpyOldBag Thu 26-Jan-17 13:05:17

I am 53, if that's relevant.

GrumpyOldBag Thu 26-Jan-17 13:05:40

They are size 14.

Clnz4fun Thu 26-Jan-17 13:05:58

keep them op they will come back and with a vengance, jeans always do.
Also I wouldn't care about subtle difference as then your style could be "vintage" which some top retail stores aim for when new fashions come in.

I have always regretted dumping any jeans I've ever owned, especially the ones I couldn't dream of getting past my knees then promptly dropped the weight and having no clothe's to fit.hmm

MissVictoria Thu 26-Jan-17 13:07:08

I much prefer boot cut to straight, and i hate skinny jeans! I'm a size 18, i think boot cut just look better on my shape (Apple).
They even me out so im not like an upside down triangle. Flares are actually my favourite but finding them just doesn't happen! (and my dad moans i walk like shaggy from scooby doo)

MuddyMoose Thu 26-Jan-17 13:08:32

I still wear bootcut jeans & purposely try to find this fit / style when buying new ones. Am I unknowingly stuck in the past? blush

Nocabbageinmyeye Thu 26-Jan-17 13:09:24

Nope not relevant, my mam wears them at 61 and they still look lovely on herwink

JennyOnAPlate Thu 26-Jan-17 13:12:52

Boot cut jeans are available to buy all over the place so someone must be wearing them!

TaraCarter Thu 26-Jan-17 13:16:52

Elle said they were coming back in, in May 2016. Did they go out again?

Eh, fashion, schmashion. Bootcut jeans fit my shape. I'd rather feel smart in something not "on-trend" than cringe at myself in something that's in. For examples of that phenomenon, see skinny jeans...

SpongebobRoundPants Thu 26-Jan-17 13:42:14

Do it. Boot cut jeans are the fugly devil.

nebulae Thu 26-Jan-17 13:47:41

I reckon all these people wearing skinny jeans at the moment will look back at photos in years to come and cringe. In much the same way those of us who were teenagers in the 80s cringed at the skintight jeans we used to wear. In my humble opinion, skinny jeans are not flattering on the majority of people. Bootcut jeans on the other hand are very flattering.

I couldn't give a monkey's what the current fashion is. I know what looks good and what doesn't. Bootcut rules. Hang on to them OP. In fact, wear them OP!

SpongebobRoundPants Thu 26-Jan-17 13:52:25

Nebulae we look back on everything we wear and cringe , just like home wear, hairstyles etc. I don't think anyone bases their outfit on wether or not they will still like it in 10 years time.

IWantATardis Thu 26-Jan-17 13:52:58

I prefer boot cut jeans. I think they flatter my shape much more than skinny jeans or even straight jeans.

If you don't want them and they're in decent condition then absolutely donate them to the charity shop.

nebulae Thu 26-Jan-17 13:54:53

I agree to an extent Spongebob but I'm not looking back at photos of me in bootcuts 10 years ago and cringing. I do think a lot of people wear stuff because it's "fashionable" rather than because they think they look good in it.

BusterGonad Thu 26-Jan-17 14:01:19

I look back at photos of me in bootcuts and cringe!!!

FiveShelties Thu 26-Jan-17 14:06:06

Still wearing bootcut and no intentions of stopping. Like many people straight jeans do absolutely nothing for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now