Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to ask what I should do

(19 Posts)
EZA15 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:53:54

Not as serious as it sounds! I have a day off on Friday we were supposed to go away but for lots of different reasons we're not going now. DD is in nursery and DH is at work. Shall I just go to work or WIBU to ask you what I should do?! I always want time to myself and now I've got it I have no idea what to do! I was going to take DD somewhere but weather is rubbish and nothing is showing at the cinema? So....ideas please!

MillionToOneChances Wed 25-Jan-17 22:54:56

Seaside? Spa?

Testificateman Wed 25-Jan-17 23:00:02

Museums are always good for young children. Warm and dry as well 😀

Lovelilies Wed 25-Jan-17 23:02:34

How old is DD?
Take a break! Go home and sit on the sofa and watch TV. Do a craft? I'd knit al day 😁
Have an afternoon nap. Have a lovely long bath. Go shopping. The possibilities are endless!

EZA15 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:15:23

DD is 3 and is going through a terror phase and I know it sounds evil but I'm just needing a break from her (we have no parents or anybody to take her so nursery is the only time she's away from us!) doing something by myself sounds lovely but it's two extremes! One part of me wants to have a day to myself doing lots of amazing things and the other part of me wants to just sit / nap at home eating my body weight in crap without someone telling me 'they're not my best friend anymore'
because I don't like peppa pig.

Birdsgottafly Wed 25-Jan-17 23:18:19

How much time do you have and what's near you?

When mine were younger, I'd like to have the opportunity to go for a Woodland type walk, without them.

Or mooch round shops that I didn't get chance to.

Biffsboys Wed 25-Jan-17 23:19:21

Have a day to yourself doing whatever you fancy ( I dream of doing school run then back to my bed ) 😀 Meet friends , go for a massage or just veg out on couch ?

Birdsgottafly Wed 25-Jan-17 23:19:55

X post, I used to live a day, in the house, doing nothing.

I treat myself to one, when I've been babysitting my Granddaughter, I need it to recover.

Shenanagins Wed 25-Jan-17 23:21:28

I still have fond memories of the day I dropped them off at nursery and then went off to a spa coupled with a book. Felt so much more energised at the end and a more relaxed, calm mum, well at least until bedtime 😄.

Yambabe Wed 25-Jan-17 23:28:38

When DS was that age an amazing day to myself (single parent) would have been just to nap, eat my own body weight in junk food, read without interruption and watch something on TV that featured actual people rather than animated characters!

So if that's what you want to do, do it!

ExplodedCloud Wed 25-Jan-17 23:29:27

You've got 24 hours to figure out what would make you feel good. You don't need to be worthy. You just need to do something that you will be happy about. Try not to nap unless you really need to. Read a book, mooch round the shops, meet a friend for coffee. Spa, clean, swim. Whatever but enjoy smile

KathArtic Wed 25-Jan-17 23:36:52

What? You don't like Peppa Pig?

<flounces>

IMissGrannyW Wed 25-Jan-17 23:43:21

wank

TheFrenchLieutenantsMonkey Wed 25-Jan-17 23:43:44

Thursday tidy and hoover your front room. Tidy your kitchen and shop for any tasty treats you fancy for breakfast/lunch. Make sure some lovely comfy clothes are available.
Friday after nursery drop off go for a short walk somewhere close but you know 'nice'.
Then home for TV/good book/food/listening to silence.
Going out for a walk will make you feel you've done something. Then you get to relax at home and because you've tidied the previous day nothing is nagging you to clean.
Its all very well saying you should do x cos its exciting and lazing about wastes your day but there is a possibility you could have a day out while your DD is ay home with DP/babysitter. It is rare (in my house anyway) that the house is available just for me to do as I please. Take full advantage!!!

Aspiringcatlady Wed 25-Jan-17 23:46:38

If I have a day to myself I make myself a nice lunch, binge watch gilmore girls on Netflix and eat galaxy.

EZA15 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:59:17

The day is mine from about 11.30. I work a 10 min drive from a retail park. I've decided I'm going for a haircut and then window shopping without the young person shouting because she's passed the toy shop and just has to go in because otherwise her day will be ruined (drama queen in the making!) I will even buy myself a coffee! I would love to go to a spa but don't want to feel rushed and if I'm honest they scare me a little when I think of all the glamorous people that must go! I've just told my DH that I may get my nails done and he's almost wet himself laughing - apparently I'm not one of those girls!

EZA15 Thu 26-Jan-17 00:02:47

KathArtic I don't mean to shock but Paw Patrol are also getting on my wick....

EZA15 Thu 26-Jan-17 00:04:46

Sorry..I meant to say thanks to everyone for their suggestions as well!

ExplodedCloud Thu 26-Jan-17 00:10:40

Pedicure! I don't do girl beauty stuff but I do like my feet sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now