Talk

Advanced search

To think that Melania is in an emotionally abusive relationship?

(88 Posts)
sundaybestest Wed 25-Jan-17 14:14:06

I watch her body language and it doesn't look right to me. I'm no expert but to me she seems trapped. I mean we all know he's a narcissist so it 's possible isn't it?
I wonder, if that's the case, how easy / difficult it would be for her to get out?
I feel sorry for her.

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Wed 25-Jan-17 14:17:22

I don't.

She married an utter twat for his money. She knows he's a disgusting misogynistic twat, and yet she's stayed with him. By supporting him, she is not helping women, gay people and every other non straight white male group.

I don't wish her any ill, but she made her bed, and she is lying in it because it's a damn sight warmer than getting out of it.

sundaybestest Wed 25-Jan-17 14:17:40

Just came across this as well:
metro.co.uk/2017/01/24/people-are-genuinely-concerned-for-melanias-welfare-following-donald-trumps-inauguration-6402058/

NavyandWhite Wed 25-Jan-17 14:20:32

I saw that clip of him turning round and her face dropping. It concerned me a lot. However there was some talk of it being a reverse. But yes she appears to look preoccupied and even scared.

LaContessaDiPlump Wed 25-Jan-17 14:21:23

I'm not entirely sure at this stage whether it's massive stage fright or whether she has always been this subdued around her husband; I haven't paid much attention to her before this, I have to say.

What we've seen so far does not look very harmonious, granted, but I am reluctant to make a judgment based on these early days of nit-picking.

One thing that does worry me is that he hears all this feedback and then she gets blasted at for not pretending well enough sad I've been in that situation myself ("YOU DIDN'T LOOK HAPPY! WHY DIDN'T YOU LOOK HAPPY? YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY!!!!") and it is incredibly disorienting and upsetting.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Wed 25-Jan-17 14:22:25

I feel sorry for anyone who's had sex with him and/or is related to him.

BastardGoDarkly Wed 25-Jan-17 14:23:30

This again?

Mari50 Wed 25-Jan-17 14:23:50

Doesn't look ea to me, looks like she thinks he's a twat.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Wed 25-Jan-17 14:24:19

One thing that does worry me is that he hears all this feedback and then she gets blasted at for not pretending well enough sad I've been in that situation myself ("YOU DIDN'T LOOK HAPPY! WHY DIDN'T YOU LOOK HAPPY? YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY!!!!") and it is incredibly disorienting and upsetting.

Yes, I did wonder about Cunt's Trump's reaction to the press coverage when he sees it.

Can he read - does anyone know?

confusedandemployed Wed 25-Jan-17 14:24:47

Goes would you say that about any woman in an abusive relationship with a rich man?

I've only seen what everyone else has but it really doesn't look good at all.

Gaaaah Wed 25-Jan-17 14:24:50

Ever since THAT speech, she's looked sad and 'zoned out' of every event they've attended.

Lottapianos Wed 25-Jan-17 14:25:57

Even apart from that video clip, she is married to a narcissistic bully boy who boasts about sexually assaulting women. The suggestion that she is in an abusive relationship is hardly a surprise. I feel very sorry for her indeed. Its damn hard for any woman to walk out the door and leave a controlling abusive relationship but it must be so much harder when your relationship is in the public eye. She is not the one who deserves our scorn.

StripeyCover Wed 25-Jan-17 14:26:03

more anti-Trumpism dressed up as liberal concern? really these posts are getting ridiculous.

noeffingidea Wed 25-Jan-17 14:28:03

You have no way of knowing what their relationship is like. People like to think they can read body language, what often happens is that they pick out photos that confirm the message they want to make. A photo or short piece of film doesn't always tell the whole story.
Also, apparently Melania supported Trumps little smear campaign against Barack Obama in 2011. I wouldn't feel too sorry for her myself.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 25-Jan-17 14:30:38

You have no way of knowing what their relationship is like.

^ this.

Autumnsweater Wed 25-Jan-17 14:31:04

It wouldn't surprise me at all knowing what we know about his character.

BUT - maybe she just has resting bitch face grin . Or stage fright, must be an overwhelming situation to be in.

stopfuckingshoutingatme Wed 25-Jan-17 14:31:06

I do too, and I feel desperately sad for her. I fucking hate it when people slate her - he is EA personified

WannaBe Wed 25-Jan-17 14:31:06

No sympathy here. She knew what she was marrying when she married him. It's not as if he's ever been anything else, and he's a public figure.

NavyandWhite Wed 25-Jan-17 14:32:00

Today 14:26 StripeyCover

more anti-Trumpism dressed up as liberal concern? really these posts are getting ridiculous.

Are you pro Trump then?

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Wed 25-Jan-17 14:32:08

We are assuming it's abusive. There are no facts here, just conjecture.

But yeah, the fact that she sold her soul for money does make me think she made a bargain. I have a lot more sympathy for women in abusive relationships who had no idea what they were getting into, and who didn't do it for the nice trappings, tbh.

Autumnsweater Wed 25-Jan-17 14:32:38

Stripey my anti-trumpism is out and proud, I don't need to dress it up as anything else!

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Wed 25-Jan-17 14:33:00

(And men of course. It is not just men who abuse)

Soubriquet Wed 25-Jan-17 14:34:02

Something isn't quite right with her

And she probably feels trapped too

With his recent inauguration, she can't just up and leave either. So divorce must be so much harder

NavyandWhite Wed 25-Jan-17 14:34:11

Nice trappings aside she doesn't deserve to abused does she?!

deblet Wed 25-Jan-17 14:38:40

I am sure she did not think when she married him she would be The First Lady. I would guess she married him for his money and most women who do that are usually quite distant from the chap they married. It's ok to be arm candy at functions etc once in awhile but now she will be on display all the time. I feel a bit sorry for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now